Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

[BUG] Instability with Cubase 10 (Preset Crash Bug)

Kiwifruit

Hi guys,

Upon updating to Helix Native 1.90, I now get various errors with Cubase 10, rendering the plugin unusable. Sometimes it crashes Cubase before it even starts, other times it will only crash Cubase when I'm using Helix Native functions, for example:

I can reliably recreate the issue by saving a preset, which will always bring up this error.

On the bright side, the Revv Purple sounds great! :P

DxDiag included below. I am on Cubase 10 Pro.

image.png.8caca8ae1e69d6bb73f005f2e52d3530.png

DxDiag.txt

• 1 month later...

Still happening. REALLY annoying...

It doesn't happen in some of my other projects. I think that there's a plugin it just doesn't play nicely with.

I really don't want to have to start again with my working project. Took me months to get the right EQ and sounds.

On 4/24/2020 at 4:15 AM, Kiwifruit said:

Sometimes it crashes Cubase before it even starts, other times it will only crash Cubase when I'm using Helix Native functions, for example:

There seems to be a whole bunch of people on this forum complaining about Native crashing in various DAWs. I don’t have a solution, but I do have a suggestion for one and all - please raise a ticket with Line 6 Customer Support. Unless they are made aware of this by people who have found a problem, then they cannot fix it.

Line 6 staff generally do not monitor these forums, they are meant for user interaction.

If Native users haven’t, or are unable to supply a solution to this, then the best thing is report the issue.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Hey man,

We're not 'complaining', we're posting to see if we're isolated. If nobody talks about it and we only send bugfix requests, we're all unaware that it's a problem on Helix Native's end right?

I have already opened a ticket, it's been open since they released 1.9 and we've had two updates since then that didn't fix it. I've been told to reinstall it, and that's what I did. No fix.

But thank you for bumping the thread.

So far we've no release, nor any acknowledgement from Helix that there's even a problem.

As soon as they acknowledge it - and that they're working on fixing it, we'll stop trying to contact them.

Helix Native is not cheap and for many of us is the main way we reamp DI's. It's not a toy for me, it's a work tool.

21 hours ago, Kiwifruit said:

We're not 'complaining',

Hi Kiwifruit,

O.K. Point taken. Maybe that should have read “commenting”, even though some threads do contain the usual, “why is Line 6 not responding?” statements. In the black banner, the second one down at the top of the page is the link explaining just that thing.

I also realise that Native is not a toy and is an expensive piece of software and the frustration caused by not having it do what it should. I further appreciate that posting here is a way to find if others are suffering the same problems. It’s also a big help to all to know that users are making Customer Support aware of these issues.

You have obviously done this and well done for that, but there does appear to be quite a lot of the “me too” brigade who don’t seem to follow up with a “I also raised a ticket on this” post. Which is the reason I stated: “If Native users haven’t, or are unable to supply a solution to this, then the best thing is report the issue”. It’s not meant as a dig at people who are struggling to get the plugin to work. It’s a reminder, because lots of people who come into these forums seeking assistance tend to go into “Line 6 bricked my computer” mode and fail to give any information about their equipment that might be a pointer to how to solve things.

I guess I must be one of the lucky ones because I only ever had any minor problems with Native when it first came out (due to the thing wanting to “phone home” constantly). Lots of people did complain that an expensive bit of software was buggy, raised tickets and it got fixed. As someone said “It’s the squeaky wheel that gets the grease”.

I do really hope that you get things sorted soon.

Stay safe.

BUMP!