Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.91 problems

tooloudtoobad

Made a backup of helix 2.8 before updating, did update to 2.91 I see all of my presets but all

Snapshots are gone, all IRs but one are gone, did not see gen purple amp in amp list.

Not sure if I should go to backup file or redo install to 2.91.

When I bought the helix floor the first day I had it I updated to 2.8 really before I used it so this

Is my first update with me having my own data in it.

Chuck

3 hours ago, tooloudtoobad said:

Made a backup of helix 2.8 before updating, did update to 2.91 I see all of my presets but all

Snapshots are gone, all IRs but one are gone, did not see gen purple amp in amp list.

When I bought the helix floor the first day I had it I updated to 2.8 really before I used it so this

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

This is all rather vague - in order to assist with situations such as this, it’s a big help if you can supply as much info as possible regarding what computer and operating system you are using. 

You say you made a backup before updating, good move, but how did you make that backup?

When you download and install HX Edit 2.9, on the first run the software asks if you want to make a backup. After that it will update the firmware in your Helix. Once that is finished the unit will reboot and rebuild the presets. All your stuff should still be there and if not you should be able to fix it by reloading your safety backup and rebooting the hardware and let it rebuild the presets once more.

If your installation was anything other than that, you will have problems.

Please advise.

5 hours ago, tooloudtoobad said:

Chuck

Thus all indicates that you’re not running the latest version of HX Edit. You need to download and install HX Edit 2.90.

4 hours ago, tooloudtoobad said:

Yes I needed to download HX Edit 2.90....... things are back to normal........ Thanks.....

Chuck

Now use HX Edit to upgrade to the hotfix 2.91.  You can do that by either clicking on the "Check For Updates" message at the bottom of the HX Edit screen (if it is showing) or if you click on the icon with the version number at the middle bottom. Also and this applies to everyone already on 2.91 as well, if you click on the icon with the version number at the bottom middle of HX Edit it now offers a "Check For Updates" option in the next screen.

18 hours ago, perrymusica said:

Hi, I have the Hxstomp, and FS4 stops working! 
Since I installed 2.91 I have the external pedal with 2 switches,
the F5 works, the F4 does not !!. Any suggestion please?

Hi,

You would have had a much speedier reply to your issue if you had posted int the thread at the top of this forum specifically for questions about firmware v2.9x and Bug Reports.

O.K. the first thing to ask is, - did you follow the installation procedure exactly as described in the release notes for v.2.91?

Updating Helix/HX Firmware to 2.91

Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT, HX Effects, HX Stomp

STEP 1—Updating HX Edit to 2.90 (assuming you haven't done this already)

1. Log onto line6.com, download, and install HX Edit 2.90:

STEP 2—Updating Helix/HX Firmware to 2.91

1. If you have Helix Rack/Control, turn off Helix Control. Also, shut down all Line 6 software or any programs that use audio, like DAWs, iTunes, Spotify, video games, etc.
  2. Connect your Helix/HX device to a Mac or PC via USB (do not use any sort of USB hub, which may include the front USB ports on towers) and turn it on.
  3. Launch the new version of HX Edit 2.90 you installed in Step 1 above. If you're not signed in, click "Check for Updates" in the lower right corner and sign in. If you're already signed in, a dialog panel appears, indicating an update is available.
  4. Click "Update Now." A window appears, asking you to back up your Helix/HX hardware. Click OK, optionally rename the backup and/or choose a different destination folder, and then click "Create Backup." IMPORTANT! Note the location where you've saved the backup.
  5. Continue following the prompts. Once updated, the window reads "Update Complete" and your Helix/HX hardware begins rebuilding its presets; wait for this to complete and click "Back to HX Edit."
  6. From the File pull-down menu, click "Restore from backup..." A dialog appears. Click "Restore Backup" and then "Yes."
  7. Once the restore has finished, turn your Helix/HX product off and then on again.
  8. If you have Helix Control connected to Helix Rack, turn on Helix Control. Helix Rack reads "Helix Control must be updated to work properly." Press Knob 6 (OK).

The important bit is the backup and RESTORE section especially item 6 in red type!

• 2 months later...