Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to load a Helix Preset into PodGo?

EdmundR

Good day, 

I tried to load the Runway preset from the Line 6 Marketplace into my PodGo. However, I am getting an incompatible device error. Also, PodGo Edit also switches from the preset list to the IR list when I drag and drop it. 

What am I doing wrong? The PodGo has all the Helix models and is said to be Helix compatible so it should just load the preset, correct? 

This is my first effects kit so just learning how this all works. Maybe I need some sort of .hlx to .pgp converter. Is that something in PodGo edit that I have missed?

Thanks.

The message you are getting is correct. The device presets are not compatible. You can’t load a Helix preset into the POD Go.

The POD Go uses Helix models and DSP algorithms and the sounds are virtually identical. That doesn’t mean the presets are compatible. It does mean that if you manually recreate a simple Helix preset in the POD Go the sound of the two presets will be very close if not identical. I say a ‘simple’ Helix preset because the POD Go preset structure is much more limited than Helix. That’s why the presets are incompatible. 

... and no, there is no preset converter.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 11:28 AM, DanRadmacher said:

It is possible to recreate compatible Helix patches in the Pod Go, but you have to do it manually. I've got a recreation of the Glengarry Lead on the CustomTone page. It took maybe five minutes (very simple Helix patch).

Hi,

Can you please advise me, how to convert .hlx preset to POD GO manually?

I also have the same problem with my POD GO that I recently bought.

Thanks in advance!

The .hlx file is formatted text. If you open it using a basic text reader like Notepad you will see the order, names and parameter settings of all blocks. Use this to manually recreate the preset in POD Go. Of course Helix supports much more complexity in preset structures so there are limits to the extent to which recreation can be accomplished.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, silverhead said:

The .hlx file is formatted text. If you open it using a basic text reader like Notepad you will see the order, names and parameter settings of all blocks. Use this to manually recreate the preset in POD Go. Of course Helix supports much more complexity in preset structures so there are limits to the extent to which recreation can be accomplished.

Well, crap. I did this by capturing screen grabs of each block in the chain on my LT and manually transcribing them. It never occurred to me the files would be plain text. That would have saved me some time. Haha...

Edit: I opened one with Notepad and it appears to me to be unformatted text which is hard to read...

2 hours ago, Pappy35 said:

Edit: I opened one with Notepad and it appears to me to be unformatted text which is hard to read...

I saw one like that earlier today too, also using Notepad. But 2 out of 3 .hlx files that I opened were quite readable.Go figure.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi,

Just trying to get my head around copying my HX sounds to my PodGo.

I have opened the HX patch using the Notepad app and can see values next to settings eg Feedback : 0.430

How does that figure 0.430 relate to a % which is required for the PodGo editor?

What is the 0.430 figure?

Similary, Depth : 0.650, Mix : 0.450 - what are these figures measuring and how do I convert to %

On 9/20/2022 at 2:32 PM, 886343 said:

Hi,

Just trying to get my head around copying my HX sounds to my PodGo.

I have opened the HX patch using the Notepad app and can see values next to settings eg Feedback : 0.430

How does that figure 0.430 relate to a % which is required for the PodGo editor?

Similary, Depth : 0.650, Mix : 0.450 - what are these figures measuring and how do I convert to %

Anyone able to shed any light / explain this for me?

IMG_5949.HEIC

On 9/20/2022 at 9:32 AM, 886343 said:

….

….

Any decimal value can be expressed as an equivalent percentage. In this case the mapping is direct: 0.430 = 43%. Similarly for any fraction between 0 and 1.  i.e the decimal number 0.xy = xy%

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...