Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware 2.91 problems with restore from backup

oliviertroup

Hello, i've made the correct update from 2.82 to 2.90 following the procedure,everything seems to be ok. But when i want to update from 2.90 to 2.91, again following literally the right procedure, it seems that when i restore from the last backup, it's normally updating to 100%......but it's not stopping and it goes beyond 1500% for global settings !!!!! and it never stops. So i decided to shut off the device. Anyone as an explanation of what the problem is??

I am having exact same issue - I have logged a support ticket and got an initial response, but suggest you also log a ticket - if Line 6 is aware that this is not just a one-off issue it helps our mutual cause.    

I entered a similar ask on the initial  "Helix/HX Firmware 2.90 | Helix Native 1.90" posting (near bottom of Page 2) - at that point no-one else seemed to have the issue but at least now I know it isn't something totally unique to me......  Ironically, it's probably better if the issue is happening to multiple people so L6 can prioritize appropriately.  

Doesn't look like the 2.91 Hotfix addresses the issue as you are having it after applying the hotfix.  Did you try to do any backup recovery after you did the 2.90 update?

Hi - I have had some followup from Tech Support on this - sent sample backup files, etc.

They have asked me to do an update to 2.91 indicating they think it will solve the problem, but I am concerned as that it was during an update to 2.91 that you noticed the problem - a backup recovery is one of the steps in the upgrade process.

Although you weren't able to do the backup recovery as part of your upgrade, is your Helix still functioning ok (and if so, with what firmware)?  Do you have a Helix, Lt, Effects or Stomp?  

Hi Larjim, i noticed the problem during an update to 2.91while doing the backup recovery with my HX FX. My HX Seems to works properly, except for snapshots, as i engage the snapshots mode, the screen is blinking and if i push any buttons it stops blinking and exits the snapshots mode. But maybe it is part of the new firmware....I've logged a support ticket to them on the 25 of April, but since then no answer.......

the blinking snapshots may be that the Global settings for switch behaviour get reset to factory setting during this update.  Try going to the Global settings and change them ( I think mine are set to Latch, as I did not want them to go back to Presets, etc after selecting a Snapshot).  Even if the setting is on what you want, might be worth toggling it away from and then back to what you want....

Just had the same problem with flashing snaps after update.
Here's the fix:

Press the menu button in the upper left and push down on the Global Settings knob.

Change Snapshot Mode Switches to "Manual Return"

Hit the Home button and then save the preset.