Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best Desktop Monitors To Emulate The Pa

gitaryzt1985

I'm having trouble getting a decent sound going straight into a PA.  It's terribly thin and fizzy.  I'm using a Dr Z model with channel volume maxed, gain at about 25% and the mixer panned center on L and R with a +3db boost.  I'm using external overdrive pedals (mainly a Timmy) in front for my drive.  The Cleans sound great, but the Timmy sounds really fizzy.

The problem is I sound great with headphones when setting up the patches, but at the church where I play it isn't exactly an easy feat to really hear what the audience hears.  All I hear is what my Aviom shoots back to me through $14 JVC earbuds.  I plan on getting some Shure SE215s this week.

So, having said all that what would be some good desktop monitors to give me a more accurate sound of what a good PA would produce?  Any tips on eliminating fizz?  Should I quit using an external pedalboard with the HD500 and just use the built in effects?