Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

command center

peaveyfan

Ok guys, something is definitely wrong with command center. I have a preset with 4 snapshots. Each snapshot has buttons 8, 9, 10, 11, set to Note, Channel 1, respective note, Vel 100, Moment.

I have set these switches the same per snapshot. I set them up within a Snapshot, and then save. Go to the next Snapshot, set, and save...repeat 2 more times. 

Without even using the buttons, if I switch to a different Snapshot and back, ALL buttons revert back to note C3.

I have read of users having this issue as far back as 6.1. Am I missing something here? Is it a bug? Do i have a bad unit? Do I need to open a support ticket?

This was , indeed a problem previously reported and acknowledged. That was over a year ago. I don't use this function, but I worked on it and I would hope it's been fixed.

I just threw together a quick 2 snapshot preset to test, and I can't get it to fail.

What FW are you on? I'm on 2.91.

Can you attach your preset so I can look at it?

So i have attached the command center preset.  I tried once again programming this before I sent it to you.  I programmed the buttons on HX Edit and on the unit itself.  I tried programming the buttons per snapshot.  I also tried programming just on snapshot 1, then copying to snaps2-4.  All trials ended in the same result.  My layout should go as follows.

All buttons should be set to:

COMMAND: Note

MIDI CH: 1

NOTE: C#, C#3, D3, D#3

VELOCITY: 100

NOTE OFF: Momentary

I will say this, it would be cool if the lights could be bright, then dim after I use them once.  I want to trigger a DAW.  The thinking is, each button is a song or set of songs.  I would like to look at the Helix, and push the next button that is lit up.  If the light is off, I know not to press that one and accidentally start a song tan gain, that we have already played.

Thank you for your help.

Command Central.hlx

In Global Settings>Preferences I have Snapshot Edits set to DISCARD.

I open Command Center, select snapshot 1, make all my edits, close Command Center and SAVE the preset.

Repeat for each Snapshot.

That's all!

I have no idea if that Global Setting makes a difference. It's the way I have it for regular use, and just don't bother changing it.

Opening and closing CC between snapshots is annoying, and I wish L6 would put a SAVE button in CC, but I haven't bothered posting that wish to Ideascale.

If you haven't already, you might want to update to 2.91.

IF you follow the directions, it really is painless.

Other than that, I dunno what to say, other than they appear to have fixed the problem.

Or we're in a period of favorable planetary alignment here in Denver...   :-)

12 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

In Global Settings>Preferences I have Snapshot Edits set to DISCARD.

I open Command Center, select snapshot 1, make all my edits, close Command Center and SAVE the preset.

Repeat for each Snapshot.

That's all!

I have no idea if that Global Setting makes a difference. ..

Yes it makes a difference. If you set Snapshots Edit to Recall you won't have to SAVE the preset after editing each snapshot. You can just SAVE the preset once, after you've finished all snapshot edits. Give it a try.

Note: You may want to set it back to Discard after your editing session. Sometimes the Recall setting can play havoc when playing live.

9 minutes ago, silverhead said:

Yes it makes a difference. If you set Snapshots Edit to Recall you won't have to SAVE the preset after editing each snapshot. You can just SAVE the preset once, after you've finished all snapshot edits. Give it a try.

Note: You may want to set it back to Discard after your editing session. Sometimes the Recall setting can play havoc when playing live.

I'm aware of the difference between DISCARD and RECALL. I've used RECALL in the past, and it most definitely is more convenient. I'm just looking for some reason why OP has a problem that I don't, and that's about the only thing I could think of. When OP's problem first came to my attention about a year ago, I was probably using RECALL to troubleshoot (since that person had a more complicated configuration), and I saw the same problem. I suppose I could test it, but since I don't normally use these kind of configurations, it's just not a high priority for me. If OP switches from RECALL to discard and that solves the problem, I'll accept that as proof. Or, if this #^$*%@ lock-down continues, I may test it to prevent death by boredom....:-)

• Thanks 1

So, a couple of things.  

1. rd2rk, I was born in Denver.  I'll be in Larkspur in July, wold love to shake your hand.

2. Updated to 2.91 yesterday before I sent you the preset.

3. Snaps are set to Discard.

What's weird is I just reprogrammed them and they seem to be working.  Ya got me.

3 minutes ago, peaveyfan said:

What's weird is I just reprogrammed them and they seem to be working.  Ya got me

I HATE when that happens!

2 minutes ago, peaveyfan said:

rd2rk, I was born in Denver.  I'll be in Larkspur in July, wold love to shake your hand.

Let me know.

I want to stream live to fb. 

This past week I ran 4 mono paths.

Guitar, mic, track, click. All went to fb except click. All went to my headphone mix. 

P1 Guitar in - multi out 

P2 Track R1 in - multi out

P3 Min in - multi out

P4 Click R2 in 1/4 out

I am wanting to run stereo guitar and track. Plus still have mic and click, with click still coming to only my headphobe mix.