Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Clipping in 2.9

rwinking

Anybody experiencing any clipping with the new firmware? I run a Synergy 2 preamp out of my Helix Rack and maybe it is coincidence butall of a sudden when I am in really high gain territory I am hearing an electronic clipping. Since I am using it in FX Loop I, I can now see the clipping in the icon as it is red almpst all of the time.

thanks

rick

The Global Ins/Outs provides a way to set your output level to either mic or line on the XLR output and line or instrument on the 1/4" output.  You'd need to check what level your Synergy expects.

As far  as clipping on the new firmware...I haven't had a problem.  But then I'm not sure there's a whole lot of folks using a preamp on their outputs from the Helix.  Of course anyone that comes out of the Helix direct into a mixing board has the preamp on their mixer channel, but that gets gain staged at the mixer to provide appropriate headroom without clipping.

It may not apply, but there is a bug fix in 2.91 for a merge path mixer issue introduced with 2.9 that raises the output signal level.

• For presets with parallel paths, the Mixer > Merge block would boost signals by 3dB—FIXED

just another possibility for why there might be a different behavior going from 2.8x to 2.9

Thanks everybody. You guys are great. I totally forgot that the update changes the  globals, I looked and yep, I needed to not do a global restore but just change the loop setting on FX 1. You all saved me hours of frustration and swapping out tubes, cables, etc.

rick