Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I may have a Probelm

LordXyphos

I got my HX Stomp recently and it works fine as an interface on my PC.

I also got the Mooer Baby Bomb, for rehearsels and maybe Live Use and tried to go into a 4 Ohm Speakerbox, just to Test it out.

The way i connected everything was as follows:

Guitar in the Left Mono In, Connected the HX Stomp and Baby Bomb with a standard cable via the Left Mono Out of the HX Stomp and with another standard Cable out of the Baby Bomb into the jack of the Box.

Now, the Baby Bomb has an Output of 8/16 Ohms and like i said, the Speakerbox had just 4 Ohms.

Since i am not that stupid, i started with 0 Volume and gently, really gently pulled up the volume on the Baby Bomb ... I turned till 12 O' Clock, but still i couldnt get a Signal.

The cable from the Baby Bomb to the speaker should be a SPEAKER cable.

It sounds like the Baby Bomb wants an 8 or 16 ohm load. Maybe it has a circuit protector built in to prevent damage from using too low a load?

Is the Stomp output at Unity (dimed)? Set to Instrument?

Are you sure the Baby Bomb works?

Hah, i think i found my Problem already thanks to you.

The Baby Bomb is Brand new, i know its not a guarantee, that it works, but i also thought about a curcuit protector, that it doesnt get damaged.

Yes, the Output is set to Instrument.

Tomorrow i am able to Test it out with Speaker Cables and i think that that was my Problem ... I'll go and try to bash my skull against something very Hard for not thinking that through ^^

Well, the wrong cable shouldn't prevent a signal from passing, or trip a circuit protector. It's more like using the wrong tool, on a level with hammering nails with a ball peen hammer. It works, but it's not optimal.

What you really should be testing is if the Baby Bomb works with an 8 or 16 ohm load, as it was designed to do.

Let me clarify that cable thing.

The output of a guitar pickup is measured in milli-volts (thousandths of a volt).

Amplifier output is measured in volts.

The louder the volume the higher the voltage.

I guess that means you could melt a guitar cable?

We are now at the limit of my knowledge of electronics.

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

Amplifier output is measured in volts.

Actually amplifier output power is measured in watts (P is power in Watts),  and P = V (voltage) × I (amps).

But you already know this stuff. 

This is for anyone else who doesn't. ; )

12 minutes ago, spikey said:

Actually amplifier output power is measured in watts (P is power in Watts),  and P = V (voltage) × I (amps).

But you already know this stuff. 

This is for anyone else who doesn't. ; )

OK, technically correct.

I was talking about what travels across the wire, as a way of describing the differences between shielded guitar cable and un-shielded speaker cable.

I should have worded it better, to whit -

Guitar cable - skinny wires, braided shielding, low voltage. Speaker cable - heavier wire gauge, no shielding, high(er) voltage.

Better?

I was lookin back to see if you were lookin back to see if I was looking back to see if you were lookin back at me  . ; )

You didn't need to correct- I knew you knew. like I said it was those that didnt... 

19 minutes ago, spikey said:

I was lookin back to see if you were lookin back to see if I was looking back to see if you were lookin back at me  . ; )

You didn't need to correct- I knew you knew. like I said it was those that didnt... 

Ah, but your attention to my detail served a greater purpose! OP probably didn't really understand the WHY. You forced me to be more specific, a good thing in this case.

It's all good!

• Upvote 1