Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Prefer 2.82 VS 2.91

ts14064shred

As most, experienced severe issues with 2.90. Was glad to see a quick fix with 2.92, but don't like it. It seems now EVERYTHING (amps blocks, effect blocks, path blocks, everything) are now Very sensitive  to patch tone and character. Had to completely re-tweek my saved go-to patches, but not sure they are the same. Also experience slight volume changes without changing anything while playing, and sometimes varying latency patch change issues of 1-3 seconds I never experienced before. Turning the unit off/on seems to mostly cure these last 2 items, but I'm not fully convinced. I've reset my Global preferences. I've been a faithful happy user since HELIX first came out, but this is the 1st update I've made that has had issues for me. I would update it back to 2.82, but want to keep it up to the latest editor. Hope they realize there are still issues, and put out a 2.93 final fix.

If you've followed the troubleshooting advice given elsewhere in this forum, (reset, re-install etc) and you're still having problems, I feel for ya, it's time to contact support.

FWIW - I've had zero problems with either my Floor or my Stomp with 2.91.

Don't give up.

Oh, and FYI if you're new to computers - there is no "final fix".

• Like 1

Well, 2.82 has been rock solid for me.  I'm glad they're continuing to improve the update process but it sounds like the update itself still needs work.  Once again I am forced to say that there's nothing feature-wise that appeals to me in this update. The things I want may never come to be and really, that's ok. Everything in 2.82 does absolutely everything that I need the Helix to do. The wishlist is just that. A wishlist.

Thank you for your responses. I did a 9+10 key reboot today which did a factory reset. Then I re-loaded my saved patch bundle. Things seem back to normal, except for having to still turn down patch levels back to the way they were. I did notice after I did the initial 2.91 update, that when I turned the unit off and back on, it did not do an auto patch re-build. I didn't think about that until today. Today after I re-loaded my saved patch bundle, it did did do the patch re-build when I first turned it on. This seems to have cured mine. Thanks again.

• Upvote 1