Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Controlling the Powercab plus from Helix LT with a L6 link cable

paulcanning

Hi, I've just bought a Powercab Plus and connected it to my Helix LT using the L6 link cable.  I've been able to program the PC+ speaker selection via the Helix (output setting) and I can see the colour change on the PC+ but the PC+ display doesn't change.  I appreciate this is fairly minor but I wanted to check that is correct.  Is there a change I can make that enables the display to change as well as the colour?  Many thanks for any advice  

• 9 months later...

I tried this and it just didn't work.  I used a Monoprice AES/EBU cable and nothing changes when I change settings.  Whatever speaker was displayed in the PowerCab+ display is what the PowerCab is using.  I tried switching from a flat setting with an acoustic guitar to a Fender Deluxe setting with an electric guitar using the Jarvis.  The display didn't change and it was obvious that the speaker model didn't change.  The display said Flat and that's what it was.  The electric sounded terrible.  I went over to the PowerCab and changed the setting manually and it sounded fine.

• 1 month later...

Maybe this should be a sticky . . . 

I think the confusion stems from the fact that the PC never displays the speaker name.  It displays the name of the preset which happens to have the same name as the speakers for the default presets.  When you change the speaker on the Helix, you are changing the currently selected preset, but not its name.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2021 at 7:55 PM, rwandering said:

Maybe this should be a sticky . . . 

I think the confusion stems from the fact that the PC never displays the speaker name.  It displays the name of the preset which happens to have the same name as the speakers for the default presets.  When you change the speaker on the Helix, you are changing the currently selected preset, but not its name.

That actually makes sense.  Explains a lot.  Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I recently purchased the PC 112+ and use it with L6 controlled from Helix/HX Edit.  I have all firmware's up to date.  I've noticed that if I use the Powercab to change the speaker model or mode (FRFR vs Speaker vs IR) it just changes the current preset i'm on and marks it as edited.  I have the Powercab Edit up next to HX Edit and the preset doesn't change, just the option in the currently selected preset. I know this is kind of confusing to explain so here's an example.  If I have the Speaker preset Herald selected and then I change the speaker type to Brown from the Helix, it just changes the speaker itself to Brown within the Herald preset.  Obviously I don't want to overwrite the existing preset with a speaker of a different name.  

Is there a way to change the actual Preset itself on the PC? 

Just trying to wrap my head around all this new fun tech so any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

• 1 year later...
On 10/25/2022 at 8:05 PM, Artytoney1 said:

Im using a l6 cable and everything works fine except it wont control my spesker selection from helix or helix update , the cord is a new line 6 version my powercab 112+  is new and down loaded 2.0 update so im really stumped any advice

Are you changing the Powercab speaker model in the Helix’s output block?