Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sending a DRY out

carlmoreton

Hi there,

Any help most appreciated in advance. :-)

I have seen a few videos talking about exporting a DI signal with no effects but I am still missing something. 

I am just wondering if there are any global settings I need to change.

Currently I am trying to record a dry signal in Cubase (PC) and have an 

1) XLR going out to a monitor speaker in my room using XLR output to hear a full sound to record with, and 

2)  I have set up a parallel chain with a volume pedal and the output is the 1/4 inch jack output.  In theory this should send a clean signal.

When I play and monitor in cubase I hear clean guitar, but after I have recorded a test, when I listen back to what was recorded it's the full effected sound. 

Seems like the effected full amp sound etc is coming out of all the outs, send 1&2. 1/4 inch etc not just the XLR

Thanks in advance. 

Carl. 

Helix Outputs.JPG

Assuming you are using Helix as the audio interface to your PC......

You can record a dry signal directly from the Guitar input by selecting USB channel 7 as the Record Input source in Cubase after arming a track for recording. This can be changed in Helix Global Settings but the default setting assigns USB 7 for this purpose. Additional trivia: USB 8 is assigned to the dry mic input.

• Like 3

If you are using the Helix as your interface, Silverhead's answer directly above will solve your problem.

If you use a different interface and want to record a dry track... just insert a SEND as your first block and send that to the interface. If you want the send after the volume pedal... just place it directly after the volume pedal block. 

Hi brue58ski

XLR just going to full range monitor to hear whilst recording so don't have to worry about PC 's latency.

The 1/4 output is going into my RME soundcard and then I am recording to a track. 

Not using USB as I am NOT using the helix as my soundcard, I am using my RME. 

codamedia

I have inserted a 'send' block, and as you can see am sending to send 1.  BUT, it's still sending the effected signal sound out of SEND 1.

Seems a bit odd...  LOL

Thanks for your replies... :-)

Ouput Block to Send 1.JPG

Send 1.JPG

OK....  Major embarrassment here guys...  LOL. 

I have just noticed I had the Helix Native plugin on an insert on the track I was recording a DRY signal to.  I guess I did this when I was playing around at trying to re amp. 

Well, that's that sorted.  I was doing it right all along...   :-)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. 

Carl. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, carlmoreton said:

OK....  Major embarrassment here guys...  LOL. 

I have just noticed I had the Helix Native plugin on an insert on the track I was recording a DRY signal to.  I guess I did this when I was playing around at trying to re amp. 

Well, that's that sorted.  I was doing it right all along...   :-)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. 

Carl. 

That was a weird problem. Thank goodness it was an easy fix! This thing has SO many options it's easy to lose track of things. At least it is for me.