Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Toggle delay time and mode with fs possible?

AgingOrange

I think I understand what you want to do. I have tried unsuccessfully to do it directly. But as of firmware v2.90 there might be a way to do it indirectly. As you note you can do this using two snapshots. With v2.90 you can assign a snapshot to a FS in Stomp mode. So if you create your two snapshots and then assign them to two FS you can get close to what you want.   I think you will need use two footswitches in Stomp mode rather than a toggle using only one .

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, silverhead said:

I think I understand what you want to do. I have tried unsuccessfully to do it directly. But as of firmware v2.90 there might be a way to do it indirectly. As you note you can do this using two snapshots. With v2.90 you can assign a snapshot to a FS in Stomp mode. So if you create your two snapshots and then assign them to two FS you can get close to what you want.   I think you will need use two footswitches in Stomp mode rather than a toggle using only one .

I use this so often I'm going to rephrase the question:

Since this isn't possible how I envisioned it, would it still be possible to toggle using one FS? If so, how would I set this up? I might change whole setups just to be able to do this.

If I understand, you want to switch between 2 delay settings with one footswitch, correct?  If so, in this video Steve Sterlacci shows how to setup one button to swap presets or snapshots using 'Command Center'.  You basically have one button on preset A that points to Preset B, and the same button on Preset B points to Preset A.  Sorry if this missed the target.

• Upvote 3

Have you tried using two Delay  blocks adjacent to each other in the signal chain? Make them identical in all respects except for the delay time. Assign them both to the same FS and save the preset in the state where one block is on and the other off. The FS will then toggle between them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AgingOrange said:

Is it possible to always have one on and toggle the delay time and mode (time/tap tempo) with a footswitch without using a snapshot?

Not sure if this is related to your problem (sorry if it isn't)...

AFAIK, the mode cannot be changed via stomp or snap. The VALUE of the mode can be, but not the mode itself.

• When you are in time based, you can change the time value.
  • When you are in tempo based you can change the divisions.
  • You cannot change between time and tempo. 

I need to run 2 separate delays and toggle between them. One is a time mode setup for slap, the other is a tempo based connected to the tap.  A stomp button toggled between them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, codamedia said:

I need to run 2 separate delays and toggle between them. One is a time mode setup for slap, the other is a tempo based connected to the tap.  A stomp button toggled between them. 

This is exactly how I have it now.

Thank you, @codamedia!