Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Repeated custom tones.

elcosomalo

Hi Guys!, this is more like a little rant.  I´ve been wandering in the custom tone catalog for the HX Stomp and found that those 802 tones are not that real in numbers...

I see lots of repeated tones I mean, the same tone, same name, same authors; the exact same tone repeated a lot of times.

For example, I´ve been seeing this "Mayer'ishStomp"  from jaysadites repeated at least 1 time in every page for about 8 + pages.

I´m not saying the user is spamming, but we clearly need some maintenance on the database to remove duplicates.

Have you seen duplicates too?

Regards

Helix user, but the few times I've gone there I see multiple repeats in the first few panels and bail.  When I have downloaded presets of value from there it has come from YouTube videos with links usually.  I see it as more of a repository but not a good index of them.

12 hours ago, madmax49 said:

I followed your link to "Mayer'ishStomp and only see 2 from  user "jaysadites ". One was for the stomp and one for the Helix floor. 

There was another "Mayer'ishStomp" but it was from a different user. 

Try this: go to the custom tones, order by rating, browse from page 6 to 9. You will see that tone repeated. You will also see some "SLASH" tones repeated.

18 hours ago, elcosomalo said:

Try this: go to the custom tones, order by rating, browse from page 6 to 9. You will see that tone repeated. You will also see some "SLASH" tones repeated.

I tried this and I am not seeing what you're talking about. You can highlight the exact web page then copy and paste it here. 

2 hours ago, Rocco_Crocco said:

I tried this and I am not seeing what you're talking about. You can highlight the exact web page then copy and paste it here. 

Try this: https://line6.com/customtone/browse/hx_stomp/6/?sort=rating&sort_dir=desc&search_term=

Take a look, you should see  "Mayer'ishStomp" in pages 6 to 9 (also in the first one).

Then using the same page as it is look for "SLASH" tone you will find it a couple of times (not in 6 to 9, you have to look for it in other pages)

Also "Every Breath" from user "jery1001"  is repeated in pages 26 to 34.  

These are just examples, I´m sure the custom tones section is full of dups.

Line6 should run a duplicate clean in that database and I´m sure that we will be going from 802 tones to 302 tones.

4 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

Well heck...by the time you've gone through researching how many  things were dup'd you could have easily built your own preset....

Actually took me 2 minutes by opening the webpage, browsing tones and seeing the same tones over and over again. No rocket science.