Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Replacing a real world stereo amp setup (two separate 1x12 combo amps on opposite side of the stage) using an HX Stomp?

optofonik

This is two Helix amps panned L/R to whatever you're using as amps. If you don't want to use the Helix amps, just don't!

If you don't mind a mess of wires, you could run 4cm to both external amps by placing the appropriate Loop (A=L/B=R) in each path..

Kind of a waste, since you'd be left with only two available blocks, but if you're also using external FX the knowledge could be useful.

1 hour ago, optofonik said:

All I'm attempting to do is emulate a basic stereo rig within the HX Stomp and eliminate micing twp combo amps. The outputs will go to a console.

In that case, the preset I attached is all you need to get started.

• Like 1

It depends on what you want that is Stereo.  If you want two different amp types for left and right, then you create parallel paths and pan each amp to the side you want.  If don't care about the amp, but want lush washy delay and reverbs, then you just need to select the stereo effects for the blocks you are adding after the amp, and make sure you don't stick a mono effect after the stereo blocks.   You run your TSR output to Front of House and pan each channel on the mixer so you get the separation.

Each path on the HX is stereo so it will work without creating extra paths unless you want to do something like put a Vox AC30 on the left and Fender Delux on the right.

Options are very flexible.  The strereo effects sound great.

• Like 1

Ahh... I think I found my answer here.

On 8/22/2018 at 6:30 PM, Meiannatee said:

.. .  Amp and cab blocks are only available in mono (as with dirt boxes), and the only way to get stereo amps/cabs is using 2 on parallel paths. Therefore, unless doing the above, all stereo effects before amp/cab will be summed to mono. . . .

Stomp's place in the product line is as a pedal-board device. It can be used standalone, and many do, lots mount it on a pedal-board with their favorite pedals.

I use mine as a desktop toy at the office, kind of like the old Pod bean.

I have a Floor for serious playing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Stomp's place in the product line is as a pedal-board device. It can be used standalone, and many do, lots mount it on a pedal-board with their favorite pedals.

I'm also incorporating the Stomp into a larger pedelboard with quiet a few analogue pedals but also includes an HX Effects; I wonder about the efficacy of the analog pedals once they've gone through either HX unit, though. Auditioning the presets is what brought me to wonder about it's target demo.

Setup your chain with the analog pedals so you aren't adding more A/D or D/A conversions.   So put dirt pedals in front of the chain, and maybe time based effects between the stomp output and the HXE return.    You should be able to get good results whatever you are doing.

I'm kinda doing the same thing with my HX Effects, some pedals and the super cheap Mooer GE150 which I purchased as a backup for my helix.   Everything sounds awesome.  I'm now thinking about mounting it all on a pedal board because the whole thing is smaller and easier to transport than the Helix Floor.