Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Small E next to block name

jcwaldo

Hi... Seems like since update a small E is showing up next to my preset  name if I open the preset and tap a footswitch. When I go back to the bank I'll have a little E next to the preset name. It's messing with my snapshots. What is it and what have I done? 

15884430806873318399453419846793.jpg

I didn't edit anything though. I'll take you thru my steps. Turn on HX. Go thru banks to my Def Lep preset which has 2 snapshots one clean and one distorted. At this point there is NOT a little E. Click both up/down bank switches to put me into snapshot mode. But now all all 4 snapshots are blinking (which was not the case previously.) When I tap either switch it kicks me out of snapshot mode and back to bank... And now the little E is next to the name of the block. I didn't edit anything. But of course now I'm out of snapshot. 

23 minutes ago, jcwaldo said:

I didn't edit anything though.

The second you step on a stomp switch, or move an expression, or choose a snapshot you have edited the preset and the little "e" will appear. This is normal!
The little "e" has nothing to do with the problem you outline next. 

23 minutes ago, jcwaldo said:

Click both up/down bank switches to put me into snapshot mode. But now all all 4 snapshots are blinking (which was not the case previously.) When I tap either switch it kicks me out of snapshot mode and back to bank... And now the little E is next to the name of the block. I didn't edit anything. But of course now I'm out of snapshot. 

The global settings allow you to change the behavior of how snapshot mode operates. The way you have the global settings set now... when you enter snapshot mode and choose a snapshot, you are immediately returned to preset mode. You can change that so you just stay in snapshot mode if you want. 

It's all in the manual.... under the global settings options. 

Global Settings > Switches > Snpsht Mode: 
When set to "Moment[ary]," the HX Effects device returns to Preset mode (or Stomp mode if Pg 1 > Knob 3 [Preset Mode] is set to "Moment[ary]") after selecting a snapshot. When set to "Latch[ing]," the HX Effects unit stays in Snapshot mode until pressing + to return to Preset mode (or MODE/EDIT/EXIT to
return to Stomp mode).

2 hours ago, jcwaldo said:

Hi... Seems like since update a small E is showing up next to my preset  name if I open the preset and tap a footswitch.

Bingo! The 2.9 and 2.91 updates reset your global settings. You never noticed the E before because your settings used to keep you in snapshot mode.

The current update does an auto backup. Just restore your global settings, or manually go change them to how they were set before. 

• Upvote 2

You don't have to specifically edit anything. Turn something on or off. Switch snapshots. Doesn't matter, you changed something.

I've got Preset Mode set to Snap/Stomp - 4 Snaps up top, 4 Stomps on the bottom.

Stomp Mode is set to 10 Stomps.

If I press both Bank buttons it goes into full Snapshot Mode = 4 up/4 down, Scribble Strips blinking.

If I then press either Bank button it goes into full Preset Mode = 4 up/4 Down, Scribble Strips blinking.

If I press Cancel it goes back to Snap/Stomp, no blinky.

No little "E" because I didn't change anything.

If I Change Stomp Mode to 8, it works exactly the same way from either mode.

You have to either press a Stomp or change Snapshots to get the "E".

And you still didn't explain how it's messing with your snapshots? If you mean the blinking, that's normal.

I'm on v2.91.

• Upvote 1

Well duh on me... Lol. I just didn't scroll over enough on the global settings to get to the latch /momentary option. Problem solved. Thanks for the help both of you. Have a great day! 

• Like 1