Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX 1 - Headphones and playing along with prerecorded tracks

I'm the new owner of a POD Studio UX 1. I bought it to eventually do some recording, but in the meantime I want to use it to play along with prerecorded tracks on my computer. I have POD Farm 2.5 installed on Windows 10.

The problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how to get a "dry" signal from the prerecorded track.

Specifically, I have both my instrument and headphones plugged into the UX 1, and I've set the UX 1 as the audio output for my computer. This works to allow both the prerecorded track and my instrument to come through the headphones.

However, the prerecorded audio seems to be routed through the same amp sim/tone chain that my instrument is using. As you might expect, this makes the prerecorded track unlistenable. Unfortunately, I don't see anything in the software that allows me to have the prerecorded audio bypass the instrument signal chain.

Is there a way to do this in software, or am I going to need to run a separate cable from my standard output to the "Stereo Monitor In" jack on the back of the UX 1?