Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native plugin not loading in Logic

matthias45909

I installed a trail version of Helix Native 1.91 about 10 days ago and it worked up to now, but since today the plugin does not open and Logic gets stuck - so I have to Force Quite the application.

In a thread it was suggested to delete the installation files and reinstall - it did it several times without success.

The internet connection is fine, as I also downloaded the installation file and checked the MD5 hash.

I also tried with another DAW (tracktion), but same behaviour.

What I deleted before reinstallation:

/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Line 6

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Helix Native.component 

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Line 6  (did not exist)

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Line 6/*

/Library/Application Support/Line 6/*

The trial version seems to do a lot of  "phoning home," so check to see that 1) your Line 6 account log on info is correct, 2) you have an unhindered connection to the internet (with no VPN, firewall barrier, Little Snitch deny, etc). No guarantee this will fix your problem, but it's worth investigating. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I have verified there is no issue with the app being able to connect over the internet. I have just tested again and it also hangs on Cubase Pro 10.5 so it seems to be a general issue with the Line6 plugin. Very frustrating as it sounds great when it works. My trial period is up in the next few days and it has only worked every other day and only after I have gone through the loop of uninstall/reinstall.

Yes another complete uninstall/reinstall has fixed it again only to find I have 15 hours left in my trial. This must be the 10th time I have had to uninstall/reinstall during my 15 day trial so I am not motivate to go ahead and buy.

Is anyone having a better experience when using Native on a Mac?

Thanks.

Running across the exact same issue with the Native trial and Mainstage and found this thread. I'm looking to dump Guitar Rig and have narrowed my choice down to two but I think this experience has narrowed it down to one.

Ok so I deleted the trial, reinstalled, and everything came back to life. Based on what I've read here, I'm assuming this will happen again though. But ... I'm starting to get kind of attached when it's working so I'm wondering if anyone can say for sure that this issue is purely an issue with the trial.

Thanks

Most (all?) of these types of problems I see in this forum do seem to be with the trial. My plug-in (running on a Mac) doesn't have issues and does not try to connect, and will run offline. I think Line 6 support will stand behind the product if you buy it and have issues...

Hmmmm. Well after a couple of days of reinstalling, today I've hit a new snag whereby no amount of re-installation fixes the hang. I've been at it for several hours and this baby is dead in the water. I did put in a support ticket but I'm hoping to use this in a computer based rig for live performance and this not giving me a lot of confidence. I get the part about the trial but it seems like this has been going on for a while and they're not going out of their way to fix it.

Can't say that I blame you .... computer-based live performance setups have to be rock solid. Sorry it didn't work out. BTW, if you're looking at alternatives, I've been really happy with the tone from the S-Gear amp/cabinet sim. It even includes a standalone MIDI-controllable app with ultra low latency. There aren't a lot of distortion and special fx pedals, though, so if you need a lot of virtual stomp boxes you would need to supplement. 

Well I use Mainstage, an outboard preamp, and most of what I use is a) the delays in Mainstage and b) Valhalla reverbs. I have a small handful of tunes where I need distortion and wah for lead parts (I'm a Chapman Stick player) and that's where this would come into play. I've been using Guitar Rig and was pretty happy with it but it feels like NI has really dropped any meaningful support for it. I've been looking into a replacement and narrowed down to Amplitube and Helix Native.

I haven't given up yet and will wait to see what happens with my support ticket. There are a lot of Stick players using Helix floor and it'd be nice to trade tips on good patches.

I have an update that should benefit anyone who stumbles onto this issue.

The Line6 crew are tracking this issue down but here are some steps I received the worked for me and will save you re-installing at all.

If you run across this hang while running the trial, do the following:

1. Kill your process (Force quit Mainstage/Logic).

2. Turn off your WiFi (this is key).

3. Start Mainstage/Logic up again and try bringing up Helix Native.

4. You'll get a window saying it couldn't connect to your account and asking for login credentials. Leave that window up.

5. Turn WiFi back on.

6. Enter your login credentials.

That should do it.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I apologize because I'm a total noob with this stuff... but I can't figure out how to open Helix Native in logic at all.  I don't even know where to look for it so I can do any of these other steps.  It comes in preferences>plug in manager, but beyond that I can't access it.  Is there another piece of software I need to make it work?  Or is there something I'm missing in Logic?  I've downloaded and reinstalled multiple times.  No change.

If it shows up in the plug=in manager as Enabled, than you should be able to use it:

Create an audio track.

In the track channel strip (main window or mixer window), click the Audio FX button, and use the pull down menu to find Audio Units > Line 6 > Helix Native.

Select Helix Native and it should appear as a plug in in your audio track channel.