Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Where in the chain is the HPF/Global EQ?

dave_bass5

Still weighing up getting rid of my Stomp for a Pod Go next month. Most of the positive boxes are ticked. This question isnt a deal breaker, but I’d like to know 

I’m planning on using my Becos Comp in the Fx loop, i just prefer it as it has a meter and sounds good.  Was thinking of using it at the start of each patch (ill only be using maybe 4 patches max).

I hope the HPF is before the first block in the patch but cant find this info. This would then mimic closely my pedalboard that has a micro Thumpinator at the start.

Not a big deal if its at the end i guess, i use it on my Stomp and it works well, although ive not use my Comp with the Stomp. 

Thanks for any info. 

Global EQ is at the very end, after the last block, before the MAIN OUTs. It doesn't apply to the AMP OUT jack.

Not sure what you mean by "HPF before the first block." Low cuts appear in the Preset EQ, Global EQ, and if you want to add EQ > Low and High Cut as one of the four open effects blocks.

For the total newbie who is ignorant about FOH (other than the acronym that is...haha) lingo and tech, what is the difference between the Main outs and the Amp out?

For someone like me that only ever used individual pedals into an amp, where can Igo to get schooled on the technical details of all the interfaces?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Digital_Igloo said:

Global EQ is at the very end, after the last block, before the MAIN OUTs. It doesn't apply to the AMP OUT jack.

Not sure what you mean by "HPF before the first block." Low cuts appear in the Preset EQ, Global EQ, and if you want to add EQ > Low and High Cut as one of the four open effects blocks.

The Global EQ has HPF and LPF as part of it. Thats why I’m asking if the Global section is first or last. I know i can use the EQ block and move it to the front of the path, i used to do that with my HFX, but my thinking was if the Global is first then the HPF will already be in the right place. 

Thanks for the info. 

On 5/5/2020 at 9:53 AM, Pappy35 said:

For the total newbie who is ignorant about FOH (other than the acronym that is...haha) lingo and tech, what is the difference between the Main outs and the Amp out?

Front Of House, or the mixing position in a venue where the sound guy sits/stands.

By default, the MAIN OUTS and AMP OUT are identical, except the AMP OUT is always mono. (The MAIN OUTS can also be mono if you only connect the L/MONO jack and not the right.) Each has its own Line/Instrument setting in Global Settings > Ins/Outs, but AMP OUT has the additional ability to be set to tap off the signal from right before the Cab/IR block; if so, the Cab/IR block and any block after it will not be heard from that output.

3 hours ago, Digital_Igloo said:

Front Of House, or the mixing position in a venue where the sound guy sits/stands.

By default, the MAIN OUTS and AMP OUT are identical, except the AMP OUT is always mono. (The MAIN OUTS can also be mono if you only connect the L/MONO jack and not the right.) Each has its own Line/Instrument setting in Global Settings > Ins/Outs, but AMP OUT has the additional ability to be set to tap off the signal from right before the Cab/IR block; if so, the Cab/IR block and any block after it will not be heard from that output.

FOH was the one acronym I knew. 8-)

That's a great explanation. Thanks DI! I just got my Go about an hour ago and I could immediately tell it is way more suited to my level of experience than the LT it's replacing. Great product guys!