Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Should I upgrade?

ramosric

From Helix LT to the Floor?

the only reason I am thinking about it is because of the build quality and the sturdier exp pedal. I gig regularly and use the eco pedal a lot and I’m worried that it will break eventually...

i don’t need scribble strips nor the extra ins and outs...

4 hours ago, ramosric said:

I’m worried that it will break eventually...

i don’t need scribble strips nor the extra ins and outs...

I think you may have answered this yourself - you don’t need the extra bells and whistles of a floor unit, why buy one?

As for expression pedal breakage, well AFAIK, there was a spate of pedals that did break in the early production runs, but any that did have this problem were quickly replaced FOC by Line 6. I don’t think I have heard of many breaking recently. If for any reason yours was defective and still under warranty it would probably be fixed or replaced. If you are really worried about damage, why not buy a sturdy external pedal and use that. It will do what you want and it’s cheaper than paying for features that you will never use. 

Although what baffles me is, if the build quality of the LT is a worry for you, why did you buy it in the first place?

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

If for any reason yours was defective and still under warranty it would probably be fixed or replaced.

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall someone "official" saying a while back, that the warranty specifically for the expression pedal issue on the LT is eternal... don't think it matters when it was purchased.

• Thanks 1

After everything I've read on the LT's expression pedal problems, I come away with this one thing....loosen the adjustment screw out of the box.  From what I've read, the expression pedal adjustment screw comes from the factory too tight.  If you don't care about the extra routing, scribble strips, etc, save yourself some money and put it towards a PowerCab 112.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

For a "tiny" bit more moola you could put that Helix in a rack and step all over the controller and Mission pedals instead. Just saying. ; )

Ok maybe it's not a "tiny" bit more, but its not that much to add for the rack model.