Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Button behavior: Snapshots vs Command Center Snapshots

themetallikid

So I love the new Command Center options of adjusting your layouts per preset in the Stomp Mode layout.  

However, I have noticed some erratic behavior when jamming and trying to change sounds and wonder if there is something I can adjust or a setting i'm not thinking of.  

Previously I'd run in the 4 preset/4 snapshot mode, never had any issues like I'll describe below.  

With the new Command Center options, I've essentially laid out my 'Stomp Screen' to look like a palette of Snapshots for the song, but also some stomp switches as needed.  The snapshots are where i'm noticing the behavior.  I set up buttons 10/11 the most as I switch with my right foot while singing and playing so they get the most use.  But i've noticed when in the Stomp screen mode, sometimes pressing to change to a different snapshot it either changes and then jumps back or sometimes doesnt seem to change at all.  I know that I have it setup so that a 2nd press of the button will revert to the previous snapshot, which makes me think that I'm pushing/releasing the button too slow and its reading it as a double push and reverting to the current/previous snapshot.  However, its happening frequently enough that I dont think its this.  Also I've never experienced this in the 4/4 split mode above, unless I did not have the 'revert to previous snapshot' feature turned on, if there is a setting for that.  My other thought was that maybe those switches were getting worn and not reading the button pushes correctly all the time, but again, dont have the issues in the 4/4 split mode.   

I had similar issues when they first made the stomp buttons have a momentary option.  I had some weird, inconsistent, results when having multiple blocks attached to it (OD, Delay, output level boost) as a momentary lead boost for a few songs.  Over the course of the song with multiple pushes it would somehow flip the state of some of the blocks sometimes.  Not enough to be consistently an issue, but enough that I didnt feel I could trust it from a live standpoint while singing, playing sorta thing.  

Curious if my current 'jumping' issues are related to the Stomp issue at the end there, or if they could be attached to the pressing speed (never been an issue in all my years of midi controllers and such) and the reverting to previous presets.  

Anyone else noticed this?

29 minutes ago, themetallikid said:

Anyone else noticed this?

You might want to check in the pinned “Helix Bug Reports” thread at the top  of this forum, there is something posted from a user named ”Melissiah” who has uploaded pictures of something odd with Command Centre displaying Snapshots incorrectly since the v2.91 patch. It. Seems that everything worked as expected in v2.90. 
It is something that I’m not familiar with, but this may be a bug that needs correcting quickly.

Yeah possibly, its just tough to tell cause its intermittant when it happens which makes me think its potentially user error or that I have a setting different since the 2.9 global setting changes from what I did before.  

I usually turn the touch switch feature off as I dont use it.  Am I correct there is a setting for the 'return to prev snapshot' option?

1 hour ago, themetallikid said:

But i've noticed when in the Stomp screen mode, sometimes pressing to change to a different snapshot it either changes and then jumps back or sometimes doesnt seem to change at all.

I was messing around with this the other day and had this exact same problem.  I was using a blank preset, thus had not renamed my snapshots yet.  Once I renamed my snapshots, the problem went away.  I thought it was some kind of fluke seeing how I couldn't recreate the problem.  

1 hour ago, themetallikid said:

I usually turn the touch switch feature off as I dont use it.  Am I correct there is a setting for the 'return to prev snapshot' option?

I watched the Steve Sterlacci video on UChoob a couple of days back, where he was saying how great the Command Centre control system was and, although it’s not something that I really need, I was impressed. It seems he made a couple of presets to do a “walk through” demo of this stuff. If anyone who is working with this feature and wants to check out if something is not working correctly check this out. The presets are on Customtone.

Hope this helps/makes sense

yeah I watched that video and I'm familiar with the settings enough to set it up correctly.  

15 hours ago, lungho said:

I was messing around with this the other day and had this exact same problem.  I was using a blank preset, thus had not renamed my snapshots yet.  Once I renamed my snapshots, the problem went away.  I thought it was some kind of fluke seeing how I couldn't recreate the problem.  

I name my snapshots at the preset creation level.  So how I would normally do it in the past.  Then my final step is to go into command center and setup the stomp mode layout.  I'm still working out my new core tones and once those are setup I'll design more song presets and see if its a more consistent issue or not. 

6 minutes ago, GeoffLewis said:

How do I return it to the old way of snapshots working?

Hi Geoff,

When you updated the firmware you would have made a back up of the stuff on your hardware. During the process of updating all the Global settings in your Helix will have been reset, ie. wiped. To restore your settings simply open HX Edit and under file click "Restore From Backup" which should point to your backup and the just check (green tickmark) only the Global Settings option and then click the "Restore Backup" button and let it do it's stuff. When it finishes everything should be back how you had it previously.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1