Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Record with the looper - Video Demo please

Guitar_Mike1

I don't have a video, but if there are any YouTube videos on the 6-Switch Looper in Helix, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, or HX Effects, they'd apply to POD Go's 6 Switch Looper. They're pretty much the same looper, other than recording time.

Thanks. I was able to fumble my way through it. Ill google those other products.

I managed to add a looper to a single patch, I am now trying to figure out if I can make the looper more easily accessible vs adding it to every patch I like.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 11:46 PM, Guitar_Mike1 said:

Thanks. I was able to fumble my way through it. Ill google those other products.

I managed to add a looper to a single patch, I am now trying to figure out if I can make the looper more easily accessible vs adding it to every patch I like.

You can only add the looper manually within each patch where it will use up an assignable block, so your assignable block options will reduce to 3 blocks plus a looper block. Also, if you want to switch between your chosen paches, the looper type and settings (eg 6 button, full speed mono) must be exactly the same for each patch or the looper will stop when you switch. 

There is a nice feature in Pod Go whereby you can set up a template for patches that you can load with the fx and settings you like, including a looper, so that you don't have to start from scratch each time, but this only applies to new patches you create.  You can create different templates for different purposes eg looper, mono, stereo etc - there's a great vid here re setting up templates:

38 minutes ago, Dimaension_X said:

I'm also interested in using the Looper for Frippertronic-style improvisations.

Don’t let the lack of a video hold you back. Read the manual for Looper operations and start experimenting.

My guess is that after a half hour or so of experimenting you’ll be able to post the video you want for the benefit of others. Personally, I’d be interested in what a Frippertronic style is. ;-)

Robert Fripp (with Brian Eno) invented "Frippertronics" in the early 1970's by creating long delay tape loops for improvisation using two REVOX reel-to-reel tape recorders.  He basically invented what we call looping for guitarists.  Search YouTube for Frippertronics and you'll see some pretty interesting examples, from guitarists using digital delays, and some using tape delays.

It looks like the built-in looper can do this type of thing, so I'll be diving into the manual this weekend.