Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Variax in the works???

I've been getting emails from L6 with sales on the variax guitars.  I dont recall seeing those very often the last 2 years of my Helix life.  Wondering if this is a way to help purge current inventory before something new is announced or released.  I've seen that trend with other companies several times.  

Just a curious thought.

You'll never get confirmation of this from anyone. But sooner or later they will either release a new Variax model, or let the whole thing die. I'm guessing this is a good sign that they aren't going to let Variax die. But who knows how long it might be before we actually see a new model and whether it will shake up the segment or just be more of the same old? My JTV69 was my #1 guitar for about two years. It now hasn't been played for about a year. So I'm ripe to see a new model.

2 hours ago, themetallikid said:

I've been getting emails from L6 with sales on the variax guitars.  I dont recall seeing those very often the last 2 years of my Helix life.  Wondering if this is a way to help purge current inventory before something new is announced or released.  I've seen that trend with other companies several times.  

Just a curious thought.

Speculation about a new Variax has been going on for years now, and given that it's been 5-6 years since the last firmware update of any significance it's pretty safe to say that development of the current platform ceased some time ago. But it's definitely not the first time they've blown out refurb-ed Variaxes...if or when there will be a new version is anybody's guess.

Yeah I hear that and I've been keeping an eye on it for new stuff coming out and all.  Just seems to be filling my email inbox more lately.  In my head I read that as, blow out inventory before announcement for the fall/xmas season comes around so we can build the hype and not sit on the current inventory.  

Wishful thinking, more than likely yes.