Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X Discontinued?

rmcvs

Anybody have the reason why LINE6 is discontinuing the 500X?.  MUSICIANS FRIEND is no longer selling it and some other vendors are getting a last batch in for final blow out sales.    

On 5/7/2020 at 10:25 PM, rmcvs said:

Anybody have the reason why LINE6 is discontinuing the 500X?.  MUSICIANS FRIEND is no longer selling it and some other vendors are getting a last batch in for final blow out sales.    

Well, there’s a new POD out now...

• Upvote 1

because the chinese flu has stopped products from being made, shipped, displayed.... and since stores are closed and people don't have jobs, they can't even buy products if they wanted to. 

I mean, have you tried buying toilet paper lately? It certainly isn't discontinued, but it isn't on any shelves anywhere. 

*luckily, I have 90+ "mega" rolls in this house. No, I didn't panic shop. In fact, quite the opposite. I haven't bought any since November. 

**think about it. would I even be at home on the internet on a friday night if i hadn't been trapped in a no fly zone thanks to the media's fear mongering. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, pianoguyy said:

would I even be at home on the internet on a friday night if i hadn't been trapped in a no fly zone thanks to the media's fear mongering

It is not my intention to start a debate on this topic, but IMO the media's fear mongering is absolutely justified.
The count of the impressive number of daily deaths alone should be more than enough to understand that the issue is very serious.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2020 at 2:45 PM, PaulTBaker said:

man, did I love that and the DT25.... other than the DT25 being so fragile, together they made beautiful music!

What’s fragile about the DT25?

in england only a few shops have got the 500x left at around £350 .

on ebay they go for £200, i'd rather buy new if available.

they should bring out an anniversary edition with different coloured lights on it like the helix and do one final firmware update, with an effect  that can put some

crackling sound on , like a record player.

great piece of kit

don't know how to reply, so this is in reply to phil_m about the DT25 being fragile.   First off... I love mine.  I have two.  The first one I has had a lot of trouble.  I had to take it to a tech in a near by city several times.  had to fix a fuse inside and something else.  Also, the tubes have gone bad alot.  Part of that was on me (maybe all of this :)) by using different tubes... .but even when I went back to the EH's, I had problems.  seems it was fine if I didn't move it, but taking it to gigs and practice, it would have problems.  It worked ok for a few years, then last year when I was trying to upgrade it to 2.0 to use with the Helix... it got stuck in the middle and now it will turn on, but none of the switches work and no sound.  Broke my heart!  I did the same upgrade procedure to my other DT25 and luckily that worked.

My problem is there isn't a shop that works on the DT25 anywhere near me.... so now it is just dead!