Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podfarm "Large plate Reverb" sound on Helix ?

lock84

I discovered that when I setting the "Large Plate" Reverb (and only this one) mix to the MAX in Podfarm 2,

I was getting an incredible sound and feeling for every style, as if my guitar came to life!

Would anyone know what this is due to?

I couldn't even get it with an HD500 or a tube amp, only Podfarm large plate with this setting works.

Could someone tell me if it's possible to reproduce this sound on Helix before I buy it please ?

8 hours ago, lock84 said:

Could someone tell me if it's possible to reproduce this sound on Helix before I buy it please ?

I'm not familiar with that particular one, but I will say this... while the Helix reverbs are perfectly usable for typical everyday applications, if you're looking for vast, lush, Strymon Big Sky-type sounds, without a hint of "digital-ness" in the trails, then you might be a little disappointed. For those kinds of sounds you really need a dedicated reverb pedal... one that boasts an ample supply of DSP, and uses every last bit of it to produce nothing but reverbs. Just recently, quarantine boredom and a large vat of bourbon resulted in the purchase of a Ventris Dual Reverb... it's not cheap, but it's an absolute beast. Money well spent, lol

• Like 2