Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor won't power on right/not working

andrewj_gomez

So randomly today, my Helix will not power on. I turned it on and the usual Helix splash screen came up, and then a few seconds later it looked all warped/glitchy, and then there was nothing but a blank screen (see pic attached). I just got this/registered it in February and opened a support ticket. Anyone else have the same issue or anything similar? I realllly don't want to have to buy another one, and hope Line6 can fix/replace this unit!

-Andrew

IMG_0457_2.jpg

IMO... if this is new, just ask for a replacement. 

Here are a couple things you can try.

• Do I see two XLR's plugged in the back? Disconnect those and see if the unit starts consistently. This is not a fix, just a troubleshooting measure.
  • Try a different outlet.... maybe (big maybe and doubtful) the Helix is just starved of power
  • Try a full reset.... (hold FS 9 & 10 during startup). You will loose all of your presets, IR's etc.... so I hope you have a back up. 
    * If it randomly starts up at this time.... try and perform a full BACKUP prior to doing the full restore. 
  • Failing that... try to update/reload the firmware. You will have to start the Helix in update mode by pressing FS 6 & 12 during startup then follow all instructions for updating. 

If none of that works, the unit definitely needs service. Again.... if its under warranty, that is what warranty is for. 

I got it from a friend in a trade. He bought it last year and only used it twice (wasn’t his cup of tea). He provided me the original receipt and I registered the hardware on my line6 account. It says I have basic warranty for a couple years.

22 hours ago, andrewj_gomez said:

So randomly today, my Helix will not power on. I turned it on and the usual Helix splash screen came up, and then a few seconds later it looked all warped/glitchy, and then there was nothing but a blank screen (see pic attached). I just got this/registered it in February and opened a support ticket. Anyone else have the same issue or anything similar? I realllly don't want to have to buy another one, and hope Line6 can fix/replace this unit!

-Andrew

IMG_0457_2.jpg

Mine just died for no reason. One day it wound not power on at all. Did all the troubleshooting I could without opening it up. Wish I knew what caused this. It has never been moved and I have used it the same way since it was purchased.

Still waiting for service center to open up from Covid-19. Line 6 sent me a loner just as every thing was shut down.

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, alotrendon said:

Hey bud. I’m having the same issue right now. Were u able to fix the problem? What did you do? Thanks

Late on Christmas Eve is not the best time for this to happen, especially as it seems like this issue is one that will require a technician.

You really need to raise a ticket with Customer Support for something like this, as the thread is 6 months old and nobody has posted a follow up.

Line 6 will be open again on Monday.

Hope this helps/makes sense - Good luck.

• 1 year later...

I'm just reviving this old ticket since I noticed that your Helix looked just like mine whenever it doesn't boot correctly, except mine just starts like that without any (glitchy) startup screen at all. Backlights of the footswitches are running and the top right one but mainscreen black. If it's possible could you please tell me/us what was wrong with the unit and how it got fixed? If it was technical support that repaired it, maybe they told you what the issue was.

I've exhausted all software solving options and am in a bad spot without warranty not knowing how expensive sending it in will be. Unfortunately I am pretty dry monetary right now...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...