Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Failed to load preset - An invalid parameter was specified (code -4)

marshalsea

Hi All,

Not sure what's going on here.

In Ableton 10, with Helix Native 1.91.
Whenever I click on any preset (default or personal) I get a popup with "Failed to load preset. An invalid parameter was specified

".

No further information than this.

The US Double Nrm loads up fine, but I can't reselect it. 

I've tried uninstalling, reboot, installing.

I've tried uninstalling, reboot, installing 1.82.

Same problem with both.

I can still drag and drop things around on a - but something's wonky in the presets.
Now the interesting > If I save a preset I can start loading it.

Looks like some upgrading hasn't happened somewhere with 1.82 to 1.91, but had messed up somehow.

I've managed through the COG/Presets/IRS > Restore Factory Setlists to get the Factory ones working.

So this leaves my existing Settings buggered.
Any ideas?

Or if anyone knows where the presets are kept?

On 5/10/2020 at 4:52 PM, marshalsea said:

So this leaves my existing Settings buggered.
Any ideas?

Or if anyone knows where the presets are kept?

Well, the first place to check would be in the Pilot’s Guide that is built into HX Native and right there on page 22 under “Using the Preset File Menu” you will find:

• Open From Disk - Allows you to load a saved preset from your collections of Helix preset (.hlx) files saved on your computer. This differs from using the Import command found within the Presets panel in that it loads the preset directly into the Signal Flow without also importing the preset into the plug- in's Presets panel library. If you edit this loaded preset and wish to save your changes, use the Save options, as described below.
• Save To Disk - Exports the currently loaded tone to your computer, offering you the option for your specific save location. By default, presets are saved as .hlx files to:
• Mac - /Documents/Line 6/Tones/Helix folder
• PC - \My Documents\Line 6\Tones\Helix folder
• Save To Library - Allows you to choose any preset location within your Presets panel to save the preset into the plug-in's internal Presets Library.

Hope this helps/makes sense

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 12:09 PM, datacommando said:

Well, the first place to check would be in the Pilot’s Guide that is built into HX Native and right there on page 22 under “Using the Preset File Menu” you will find:

• Open From Disk - Allows you to load a saved preset from your collections of Helix preset (.hlx) files saved on your computer. This differs from using the Import command found within the Presets panel in that it loads the preset directly into the Signal Flow without also importing the preset into the plug- in's Presets panel library. If you edit this loaded preset and wish to save your changes, use the Save options, as described below.
• Save To Disk - Exports the currently loaded tone to your computer, offering you the option for your specific save location. By default, presets are saved as .hlx files to:
• Mac - /Documents/Line 6/Tones/Helix folder
• PC - \My Documents\Line 6\Tones\Helix folder
• Save To Library - Allows you to choose any preset location within your Presets panel to save the preset into the plug-in's internal Presets Library.

Hope this helps/makes sense

Thanks - searched through that and could not see that.
Still haven't solved the ongoing problem. Suspect it's an upgrading problem.
As it's part of My Documents, I wonder if it's a syncing problem with OneDrive?

I'm guessing nobody else has hit this problem? Means I've lost my limited presets.

• 5 months later...

I'm having the exact same problem now. Cannot load any preset in Helix Native and getting the same error message.

Updated Native to 1.93, didn't help. I have some backup export of my presets but I know it doesn't contain the newest ones, so I wouldn't want trying to import it before I'm sure it is the only way.

8 hours ago, marshalsea said:

I never solved it.

Do you have OneDrive and it installed in multiple locations? Wondering if this might have been the problem?

I do have OneDrive, but only on one computer with the same account.

Yesterday I did import my earlier backup, and also restored the factory presets from the settings menu. I did this on an empty project and it fixed the issue, for a while. But then I loaded up an earlier project, and supposedly because I had updated my Helix Native to 1.93 and it was the first time loading that project since then, it wanted to rebuild my whole preset library again. After that the same problem started again and I cannot load any presets, not the factory ones or my own ones.

Very strange. I'll try to do the import thing again on the old project and see where that leads me.

I do have a suspicion what has originally caused this. I've recently worked on a project that I'm recording on a Macbook and then synced the project files via cloud (not OneDrive but iCloud) to another computer (PC with Windows 10) for editing. And vice versa. It's possible that those computers have had a different version of Helix Native installed and that may have corrupted the presets. Or maybe there are some other issues preventing cross-platform use in the same project.

But I do not have any idea why yesterday - without moving anything to another computer - the issue was first fixed and then recreated again.

• Like 1

Exactly the same thoughts here:

• Mulitple Computers
  • Different versions of Helix
  • Software (OneDrive) syncing between them

Couple more questions for you:

1. Do you think it run the update multiple times on your sync'd presets?
  2. What DAW are you using? I'm in Ableton 11.
  3. Did you upgrade from 1.8* to 1.9*?

Other things my side: I'm using a Win10 64bit (1904)

I've got a desktop and a laptop both with helix installed - desktop gets updated a lot more often than Laptop. I don't do a lot of music on the go - mainly installed there for holidays etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I was having a similar issue, now I just got it to work....I reinstalled Helix Native and then went to Settings (gear icon in bottom left corner) --> Presets/ IR's tab --> hit Restore Factory Setlists --> hit restore Factory Settings.  

Hopefully this works for y'all