Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Pod Go with Trio Plus?

joshfass

Greetings friends,

I just took delivery of my POD Go. Super excited to explore and create, but I have a problem with how to integrate with my Digitech Trio+ (plus) Looper. There is a lot of great information for connecting with the Helix, but not yet anything for POD Go. Guitar signal is supposed to go straight from guitar into Trio+. Trio+ has  FX send and FX return. 

Can anybody provide the right routing, inclusive of Trio+, POD Go, and Amp (Fender Deluxe Reverb '68 Reissue).

Thanks so much,

Josh

I'd be interested in this too as for home use I was contemplating getting a Digitech trio to go with Pod Go which would give 'intelligent' drum and bass backing and an independent looper which would avoid having to use the Pod Go looper that uses up a valuable 'block'. 

@voxman55 I figured it out!!! and this rig is AWESOME!!!

Guitar > Trio+ (Guitar In)

Trio+ (FX Send) > Pod Go (Guitar In)

Pod Go (Main Out - Mono or Amp Out) > Trio+ (FX Return)

Trio+ (Amp Out) > Amp

Additional notes:

• I run the bass and drums through the Trio+ Mixer Out to a small 2nd amp. It keeps those sounds clean and unaffected by the Pod Go tones. This also ensures that the Trio+ effects are turned off, so they don't interfere with the guitar tone.
  • I had tried to run the Trio+ in the Pod Go FX loop, but it doesn't work nearly as well
    • Trio+ "learns" better with the dry signal from the guitar.
    • I found it a bit too "toe tappy" to have to have to select "mono FX loop" on the Pod Go, in order to bring the Trio+ into the loop.
  • 85% of my playing time is at home, and given that I have a Fender Deluxe Reverb '68 Reissue, it is way too loud to play with the volume where it really "sings", so I play through headphones plugged into the Trio+
  • Get the audio-technica ATH-M50x headphones - Amazing "cans" for $150

SO SO SO much fun!!! Let me know if this works for you!

ROCK ON! - Josh

• Like 2

Thanks @joshfass great to hear you figured it out.  I have the exact same headphones which are great sounding but are just a touch too big for my head - even 'closed' they are not a tight enough fit but I manage. I like that you get both a straight and curly lead with them.  Shame you couldn't get the Trio+ to work with the Pod Go as well as you'd have liked.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 1:10 PM, joshfass said:

Trio+ (Amp Out) > Amp

Additional notes:

• I run the bass and drums through the Trio+ Mixer Out to a small 2nd amp. It keeps those sounds clean and unaffected by the Pod Go tones. This also ensures that the Trio+ effects are turned off, so they don't interfere with the guitar tone.
  • I had tried to run the Trio+ in the Pod Go FX loop, but it doesn't work nearly as well
    • I found it a bit too "toe tappy" to have to have to select "mono FX loop" on the Pod Go, in order to bring the Trio+ into the loop.
  • 85% of my playing time is at home, and given that I have a Fender Deluxe Reverb '68 Reissue, it is way too loud to play with the volume where it really "sings", so I play through headphones plugged into the Trio+

ROCK ON! - Josh

Thanks for this! 

Stupid question... Most of my playing time is at home with headphones on. So does your solution mean that I can use overdrive from the Pod Go, without it distorting the Trio+ drums and bass - and have it coming out of the same output (into my headphones)?

Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 11:44 AM, js24 said:

Thanks for this! 

Stupid question... Most of my playing time is at home with headphones on. So does your solution mean that I can use overdrive from the Pod Go, without it distorting the Trio+ drums and bass - and have it coming out of the same output (into my headphones)?

Thanks for the help!

Also very interested in answer on this question

• 5 months later...

Excellent set up and description by Joshfass thanks for sharing. 

On 5/15/2020 at 1:10 PM, joshfass said:

Trio+ (Amp Out) > Amp

Additional notes:

ROCK ON! - Josh

• 2 months later...
On 5/15/2020 at 7:10 AM, joshfass said:

Trio+ (Amp Out) > Amp

Additional notes:

ROCK ON! - Josh

I'm looking to buy this pedal to practice at home but I'm not sure about the connections. So if I use the pod go with the TRIO, I need to disable the amp + cab blocks on the pod go right? because according TRIO's documentation, it already has a cabinet emulation in the headphone out.