Jump to content
hitman042

i think line 6 Native sux! Can't get any help

Recommended Posts

Ive been trying for 3 days.....a million websites and can find no one that teaches the full and complete way to install Native!Line 6 support is total crap, ive written letters......and gotten nothing in return. i have a Floor Helix, HX Stomp, and other assorted line 6 products......Fractal and Kemper........they have better support and customer service.

im going to ask for a refund and im done with line 6........not 1 program loads and operates properly. They come in my opinion almost tied with IK Media and Bias.........both company customer service sux!!!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most people have very positive experiences with Line 6 support. When you say you've "written letters", have you opened up a support ticket?

 

What exactly is the issue you're having?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes and i just did another one

 

i own a ton of line 6 gear, more than a normal gigging musician......i know computers inside and out. but i just cant seem to get any help.......

 

my issue is whatever daw i open native up in either crashes or opens up the native splash screen but will go no farther and if i try to force it.......CRASH!     its actually funny, because ive NEVER had a problem with any plugin 

ed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh yeah........BTW, another funny thing is most of the sites ive seen out there....they are installing and working on a.....MAC

 

the videos where they are working on a PC are choppy, missing sections and make it look like magic!  Poof i just got it to work guys!

 

i have to laugh!

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, hitman042 said:

oh yeah........BTW, another funny thing is most of the sites ive seen out there....they are installing and working on a.....MAC

 

the videos where they are working on a PC are choppy, missing sections and make it look like magic!  Poof i just got it to work guys!

 

i have to laugh!

 

thanks


What version of Windows are you running, and what DAW are you using?

 

I use a Windows 10 PC with Native, personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hitman042 said:

Ive been trying for 3 days.....a million websites and can find no one that teaches the full and complete way to install Native!Line 6 support is total crap, ive written letters......and gotten nothing in return.


I find this a little difficult to understand and possibly over exaggerated with statements like - “a million websites” and “a ton of line 6 gear, more than a normal gigging musician”. Mmm... a HX floor, a Stomp and HXN isn’t exactly a ton or more than other of the users on here. 
 

As for installing on a Mac, with whatever DAW, people have also had issues, so you’re not alone and a Mac is not faultless. Most of these issues get resolved, but it’s a big help to know exactly what your PC/DAW configuration is. A lot of these glitches can be traced back to the computer, or user error, because there are lots of other users out there that are perfectly happy with HX Native. 
 

If you really do want some assistance, then maybe rein back the attitude and supply specific details and it might happen. For example “phil_m” in has post above has said his PC running Windows 10 works fine with Native.

 

Take a deep breath and then relax.

 

I have to laugh!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if you are in this situation or not.  But I have been unable to load HX Edit or Native since version 1.7x.  All I would get is a partially framed screen and then poof. 

 

I've had a ticket open for however long that is.  A LONG TIME.  We've gone back and forth with log files and system reports etc..   Basically on each release I would update my ticket with NOPE still doesn't work.  

 

After I did that for 1.9.1 I got a reply from support that said they may have figured it out, and possibly in the next release.  And sure enough I can now use Native at version 1.9.2

 

I don't know if it was some C library compatibility issue or video driver etc.. But, it now works.   You might want to give it a go.  

 

There isn't much of an install trick.  You click the installer and tell it where to put the plugin. That should be a place your DAW scans for plugins. It shows up in your DAW as an insert effect. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel your pain mate,

 

im trying to run native on win 10 in REAPER, first cpl of days it worked fine, then started crashing reaper when trying to load native as a FX, i found some stuff on the forumes that suggested that it went away when you purchased the full version, what the hell i wanted it, in the band we've already got 2 full size helix, 2 stomps, 2 variax jtv, a variax bass, a full on tyler model variax  and several line 6 wireless, 

 

hey were big fans.

 

but nope, support ticket is in , no response, plug in ive paid for wont work, 

 

ive no issues with any other plug ins or VSTis ive paid for or freeware, 

 

just Native.

 

im getting my money back and getting guitar rig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, captainnemo70 said:

I feel your pain mate,

 

im trying to run native on win 10 in REAPER, first cpl of days it worked fine, then started crashing reaper when trying to load native as a FX, i found some stuff on the forumes that suggested that it went away when you purchased the full version, what the hell i wanted it, in the band we've already got 2 full size helix, 2 stomps, 2 variax jtv, a variax bass, a full on tyler model variax  and several line 6 wireless, 

 

hey were big fans.

 

but nope, support ticket is in , no response, plug in ive paid for wont work, 

 

ive no issues with any other plug ins or VSTis ive paid for or freeware, 

 

just Native.

 

im getting my money back and getting guitar rig

 

Hi Captain,

 

I posted about this to someone else on this forum about the fact that even though I use Logic Pro X, I have other DAWs that I use to check out issues that pop up.

 

Last time I check out the latest version of Reaper on my Mac running the latest version of HXN everything was working just as it should - no crashing at all.

 

Also, I have noticed that someone else has been posting on the main Helix pages about issues with Reaper causing crashes.

 

Sorry I haven't got a quick fix for you, but I hope you get a response to your support ticket. BTW, not only have we got a global pandemic at the moment where a lot of the Line 6 staff are working remotely from home, but there has also been a little bit of civil unrest over there in the US of A. We are a little bit further away from it over here in West Yorkshire.

 

See the Blue banner at the top of this Page regarding company status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I have a similar problem.
Occurs with version 1.92 only.
Reproducible with "Reaper" and "Cakewalk".
If I uninstall version 1.92 and then install version 1.91, everything works fine.
Does other version work for you?
I reported the problem to support on May 24th, 2020, unfortunately no solution yet.
Look:
https://line6.com/support/topic/55895-problem-after-installing-helix-native-v192-with-reaper-v610x64/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...