Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powering HX Stomp

Murfski

I'm looking to power my whole board from just one power supply.

CIOKS DC7 looks perfect and has been demonstrated running a Stomp from 2 outlets.  However,  before ordereing thought I'd ask the collective wisdom if any of the recent updates have increased the start up load and continuous load significantly such that 2 outlets (1320mA)  is becoming marginal? Has anyone measured the loads recently and seen an increase over say v2.7?

If anyone is having no issues when using a Strymon Ojai (parallel output @ 1000 mA) that would also answer my question.

Thanks in advance.

I use a Strymon Ojai to power my Stomp. I’ve seen that Cioks video, and according to the Line 6 guys, the current draw does get up to 1600mA or so under certain conditions. The one thing with that Ciokd video is he was passing audio through the pedal at all when he meters it. I think the processor power consumption will increase slightly when the processor is working harder.

But anyway, these modern power bricks can almost all provide mode current than the actual jack rating given you’re not exceeding the overall capacity of the brick.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply phil m,  I guessed it would be ok but was wondering if recent updates were working the processor harder and hence drawing a bit more current. If you are running off the Ojai it should be fine, I could use three outputs if I run into any issues. I tend to make all my own cables so that would be straightforward.

There are so many ways of powering the Stomp, but  my current budget power brick isn't isolated and with 4 fuzz pedals, an overdrive, distortion, extra phaser, drum machine and looper it's become noisy. Time for a one box solution and ditch the slightly irritating supplied PSU.

Thanks for responding.

• 1 month later...

Update:

CIOKS DC7 works just fine when using 2 outlets in parallel.

Preset with max DSP usage and then connected headphones to hopefully simulate max possible power draw. Absolutely no issues, and blissful lack of power supply hum.