Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help W Dt25 Topology

tearitupbaby

Well having your pod connected via L6link is the same as having all the amps at your finger tips at once. To switch preamps without the POD requires u run an edit program via computer or I pad using a USB to MIDI interface. Even then u can only use 8 amps (4 per channel). So to me it's not an issue of you have the pod500.

If you want to use the preamps in the DT you need to select an HD tone w/o an Amp. In this case the DT switches to channel B and you can have 4 preamp, ... settings selectable with the Type switch on the DT.

It is my understanding that you can use a DT editor or a MIDI controller to program different Reverb settings, Mic model for XLR, and PowerAmp parameters (like feedback type) for both channel A and B instead of the default settings in the Type I-IV DT program slot selections and then use those them with HD preamps for channel A and DT preamps for channel B. Not so sure this is worth the trouble unless you run out of HD DSP power and can live with a limited set of the reverb/Amp settings in the DT.

a minor note on doing thing....

you wont get any of your post effects this way....

audio travels one way... 

If you want to use the preamps in the DT you need to select an HD tone w/o an Amp. In this case the DT switches to channel B and you can have 4 preamp, ... 

Well having your pod connected via L6link is the same as having all the amps at your finger tips at once. To switch preamps without the POD requires u run an edit program via computer or I pad using a USB to MIDI interface. Even then u can only use 8 amps (4 per channel). So to me it's not an issue of you have the pod500.

You can only access the additional models in the DT directly by setting them up over midi.  You need a computer and midi cables to do this.  There are instructions in the manual.   

• 7 months later...

if you hook up the hd500 to the dt25 can you change the parameters of the dt25 amps?

No. It requires midi and a computer to change amps in the DT25. If you are simply changing low/mid/high/gain, then yes. To actually change amp MODELS, no.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know why Line 6 didn't provide one but there are great programs written by  users at the link below.  As mentioned above this can only be done by midi connection but it works great.

http://line6.com/support/topic/124-user-created-dt-editors/

The real question is if you already have both the HD500 and the DT why does it matter?  This topic has been beaten to death on other threads.  The whole point of a DT amp is to digitally integrate with your POD with L6 link to give you a total package.  There is absolutely no difference between the amps/preamps in the POD and the DT.  Once you are connected everything digital is being done in the POD and the DT provides the analog tube goodness.

Use the editors above to setup your DT as an emergency backup in case your POD has problems at a gig but after that, forget it and do everything in the POD.