Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

1/4" Output for the Helix LT

supertonic_jack

I was wondering if I need a High-Z input for the split signal I want to use for all my presets, so I record the DI guitar simultaneously, together with the processed sound from the Helix. 
For all my presets I have a A/B split going from the beginning of the chain (so before all the effects/amps/cabs) to the 1/4" output. It should be as dry as it can get then. There is a mono jack-cable plugged in, which goes to the mixer/interface of course then as well.

So is the signal on that cable line signal or is it similar to a real high impedence guitar signal?

Thanks in advance! Kind regards

Do you guys have any other recommendations regarding splitting and reamping?
Here is my signal path (attachment). Should be fine for split recording right? So no matter where I go and play, I can always just send 2 line signals to the mixer/interface and get a clean recording of my Helix wet sound AND a DI dry signal for reamping later. 
I just need to keep in mind to keep the distance of the 1/4" DI ouput rather short, right? So I don't get to much interferences in the unbalanced cable. 
What do I need to keep in mind when reamping the DI line signal later on after recording the "live performance"?

Cheers

helixDrySplit.JPG

24 minutes ago, supertonic_jack said:

I just need to keep in mind to keep the distance of the 1/4" DI ouput rather short, right? So I don't get to much interferences in the unbalanced cable. 
What do I need to keep in mind when reamping the DI line signal later on after recording the "live performance"?

I'm guessing that you take your stage monitor/IEMs off the board?

You could get a simple DI box to balance the signal, but keeping the cable run under 20' you should be OK.

You should probably record the MIDI to preserve the Wah action and Snapshot changes if you need them in the re-amping.

• 1 month later...

@rd2rk
I go into the Mixing Console (X18 or X32 most of the time) with my Helix wet XLR and the 1/4" dry DI out. I have an-ears system that comes out the mixing console of course.

Great idea with the MIDI. 
 what is 20'? is that something imperial like the 1/4"? feet I guess, right?