Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem Recording Acoustic Guitar

PANDAPANDELO

I have dialled in a great sounding acoustic patch. Hearing with my headphones, it sounds GREAT!

Then, I put everything to record in my audio interface (Focusrite Scarlet Solo), using Garageband as my DAW, and the sound was completely different! It was lifeless, dull, muddy.

Do you guys know what could it be?

Thank you!

Don't make presets using headphones, though you can do it it's not recommended. You need to make patches at a high volume through speakers ( like a frfr or studi monitors) because the headphone out is a different gain structure if I'm not mistaken.

1 hour ago, Nylander88 said:

Don't make presets using headphones, though you can do it it's not recommended. You need to make patches at a high volume through speakers ( like a frfr or studi monitors) because the headphone out is a different gain structure if I'm not mistaken.

The funny part is: When I use the headphone into HX Stomp, the sound is great. When I send the signal to my Garageband via HX Stomp's USB, I get a woofy and muddy sound. When I use the headphone in my mixer (QSC Touchmix 8), the sound get too bright! I get a lot confused. Hahahahahahahaha! I can manage to get the sound good in any way. But I need to change heavily the Eq, depending where I'm listening.

13 hours ago, PANDAPANDELO said:

The funny part is: When I use the headphone into HX Stomp, the sound is great. When I send the signal to my Garageband via HX Stomp's USB, I get a woofy and muddy sound. When I use the headphone in my mixer (QSC Touchmix 8), the sound get too bright! I get a lot confused. Hahahahahahahaha! I can manage to get the sound good in any way. But I need to change heavily the Eq, depending where I'm listening.

That's not funny at all and it's really not mysterious at all.  It's a misunderstanding of how all of this stuff works.  I'd HIGHLY suggest you watch the following video from Jason Sadites on all of the external things that affect the sound of your presets in different situations.

16 hours ago, PANDAPANDELO said:

What you hear through your headphones that are plugged directly into the Stomp should sound identical to what you record in your DAW. If it *doesn't*, then something isn't configured correctly. Unfortunately I'm not a Mac user, so I can't help you with the configuration specifics, but there is a real problem somewhere if what you're hearing on playback doesn't sound almost exactly like what you heard from the headphone port of the Stomp. Don't give up--there is a solution to whatever the issue is.

On 5/15/2020 at 3:32 PM, PANDAPANDELO said:

Not sure about stomp but in helix choose multi out in settings and in helix edit path you have multi out on at least the last output block - I also had this problem

In daw I chose input 1 one on input section