Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Absolutely bizarre glitch on only first 3 presets

revolver1010

Hi guys. I'm experiencing something truly strange and it's only happening on my first three presets (1A, 1B, 1C). I have my HX connected via midi to my Bugera TriRec footswitch. On the first three presets if I press on the footswitch for the preset a second time it changes channels even if there is only one channel change programmed. For example, I have a "Blank" patch where I only have a midi program change to recall channel 3 on my amp. If I switch to the preset and simply hit the footswitch a second time it switches to my clean channel. To make things more bizarre, if I then change to preset 1B which starts on the clean channel 1 it then calls up the preset but switches the amp to the distorted channel 3. Pressing on the footswitch of a preset a 2nd time seems to "flip" my channel selections. If I press it again to get it back to the correct channel then change to preset 1A or 1C it then correctly calls up the correct channel. And bizarrely, preset 1B keeps calling up Channel 2 when I don't have it programmed to use any channels but 1 and 3.

I checked EVERY possible setting and nothing worked. I noticed patches past 1C don't exhibit this behaviour and I tried copying them over to 2A, 2B, and 2C and it works flawlessly. Additionally, stomping on a preset again does NOT change the amp channel . I've copied the correctly working patches over to slots 1A, 1B, and 1C and they still exhibit this odd behaviour. So, I'm just going to work from bank 2 and on. I'm just so damn perplexed why this odd behaviour is only happening on the first three presets. It also does it if I copy factory presets over to those slots and assign amp channel changes via midi program change.

Rev.

This sounds like a pretty weird one, and from your description it sounds like it might be a real bug. I don't have any midi equipment handy right now so I can't test on my end, unfortunately, but if you're convinced it's a reproducible bug you should submit it as a such through a support ticket: https://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

Hi guys, I've done some more testing and can use help from anyone that has a midi amp and can confirm this for me. First, today I factory reset my HX Effects but that did not fix this issue. Second, I thought the issue only affected the first 3 presets but scrolling through presets today I found this affects several other presets up to 6C 80's Craze. After that preset no other presets exhibit this behaviour. So here's the thing... when I switch to preset 6C it switches my amp to channel 3 and also engages the boost. In my amp manual that is midi program change command 013 (effectively 12 in the HX as it starts with program change 0 as 1). Going into Command Center there are no quick commands set, nor footswitch assignments etc. I cannot figure out where the hell these midi signals are coming from in these presets. Yet, if I copy over a blank preset to the 6C slot, switch off to another preset and reset my amp channel and turn off boost it still does the same thing when I switch back to 6C. So you see how detrimental this is as there are a number of presets I cannot use at all as changing to them switches to a channel I didn't set and, in this case, also switches on the boost.

There has to be people on here with midi enabled amps. Can someone kindly connect the HX to their midi amp and go to preset 1A and let me know if your amp channels change each time you step on 1A? And also see what happens when you switch to preset 6C?

I get this bizarre problematic behaviour with the following presets no matter whether I factor reset or load other clean exported presets into their slots: 1A, 1B, 1C, 3D, 4A, 6A, 6B, 6C. I'm on firmware 2.82.0 btw.

Rev.

I just noticed you said this is an HX Effects, which I don't have, so unfortunately I can't test for you. A couple recommendations: (1) definitely report this as a bug to Line 6 to get it on their radar. If you don't, it's not going to get fixed. Do this via a support ticket--only takes a second to submit. Link them back to your post here because you've already explained it quite clearly.  (2) Before you submit the ticket, you probably should update to 2.92 first and see if still does it. Maybe it was a problem that has already been corrected. Good luck!

On 5/20/2020 at 12:23 PM, revolver1010 said:

Hi guys, I've done some more testing and can use help from anyone that has a midi amp and can confirm this for me. First, today I factory reset my HX Effects but that did not fix this issue. Second, I thought the issue only affected the first 3 presets but scrolling through presets today I found this affects several other presets up to 6C 80's Craze. After that preset no other presets exhibit this behaviour. So here's the thing... when I switch to preset 6C it switches my amp to channel 3 and also engages the boost. In my amp manual that is midi program change command 013 (effectively 12 in the HX as it starts with program change 0 as 1). Going into Command Center there are no quick commands set, nor footswitch assignments etc. I cannot figure out where the hell these midi signals are coming from in these presets. Yet, if I copy over a blank preset to the 6C slot, switch off to another preset and reset my amp channel and turn off boost it still does the same thing when I switch back to 6C. So you see how detrimental this is as there are a number of presets I cannot use at all as changing to them switches to a channel I didn't set and, in this case, also switches on the boost.

There has to be people on here with midi enabled amps. Can someone kindly connect the HX to their midi amp and go to preset 1A and let me know if your amp channels change each time you step on 1A? And also see what happens when you switch to preset 6C?

I get this bizarre problematic behaviour with the following presets no matter whether I factor reset or load other clean exported presets into their slots: 1A, 1B, 1C, 3D, 4A, 6A, 6B, 6C. I'm on firmware 2.82.0 btw.

Rev.

Go to Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo and set MIDI PC Tx to Off. With that parameter on, the HX Effects automatically sends the PC associated with each preset whenever you load that preset, . Your amp is responding to those PC messages. It probably just has a limited range of PC messages it responds to, and they happen to correspond with these first few presets.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/22/2020 at 10:50 AM, phil_m said:

Go to Global Settings>MIDI/Tempo and set MIDI PC Tx to Off. With that parameter on, the HX Effects automatically sends the PC associated with each preset whenever you load that preset

You sir are a God among men!! It worked, thank you so much! Question, how come turning that off doesn't also disable the midi program change commands set for changing my amp channels? They still work (thank God), just curious. 

Rev. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, revolver1010 said:

You sir are a God among men!! It worked, thank you so much! Question, how come turning that off doesn't also disable the midi program change commands set for changing my amp channels? They still work (thank God), just curious. 

Rev. 

That setting only controls the PC messages that are sent out automatically with each preset. It doesn't affect anything you have set up in the Command Center.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1