Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Renaming Button Name

picasso5150

• 3 weeks later...

This would be a huge help! If at all possible, Line 6 should definitely add this feature in the future! It would make the Pod Go dang near perfect! Can't imagine it would take up too much DSP or anything to do this..But then again, I know nothing!

Has anybody else heard any updates on this front?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been using Helix many years and just bought the Pod Go as a complement for travels. I took for granted that renaming snapshots/buttons was possible since it otherwise works the same as on the Helix. Once you've renamed it it's just a static name on a screen so processing power shouldn't be an issue. This should be among the first things to upgrade because 1-2-3-4 doesn't say much about the sound you get when you press them. Also, make it possible to have 6 snapshots on the 6 buttons like in the pedal-mode. Even better, let us choose individually what each button should do PRESET - SNAPSHOT - EFFECT on/off.

• Like 2

I just wanted to chime in here and agree with everyone else. It would be a huge help if we could rename what the button says. My use case is I'd like the button to read "Boost" and when you hit it the drive on the distortion and level goes up. Then another that plays with the reverb settings so it can be tighter during a song but increase the decay and adjust the compressor so it rings out forever to end the song. Having both of these read "Multiple (2)" sucks. 

Also it would be rad if we could set the color as well as the text.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
40 minutes ago, moecal2 said:

This is the main thing I request as well.  Having many buttons that are "Multiple (x)" in the same color means you're having to stick to a rigid method or you forget what they did.

did you know that at least you can change the color of the multiple buttons? whatever last fx parameter you will save for that switch, that it will take the color (like green for delays, blu for modulations and so on). 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I"m late to the party here, but  footswitch naming is essential in a pedal like this. Given the limited nature of the pedal (not a bad thing - it's why i bought it. Less 'decision paralysis'), you must rely heavily on controllers to get the most out of it.

I do this:

instead of using a drive pedal, choose an amp with a great clean tone. Then use the "free" eq block before the amp with the level boosted way up. Assign a controller to turn on the eq block while simultaneously turning down the amp volume. Instant amp distortion. No additional pedals needed. 

Instead of choosing two reverb pedals, I use Ganymede with mod low and decay low, as always on, and then a controller to up the mod/decay/alter tone, etc. This gives you a standard short decay verb and a big lush verb using one pedal.

Instead of two delay blocks, I follow a similar set up to the reverb using one footswitch and then another to turn the delay on and off

Now, I have essentially 5 "pedals" using 4 footswitches. However, 3 out of 6 footswtiches say "multiple" and have the same color LED ring. 

Won't be included in the forthcoming Pod Go update  (release date and contents not known, but likely to include some elements of Helix 3.0) but multi- assign and snapshot naming are high up on Line 6's 'to do' list. 

For greater flexibility I have 2 external pedals connected in F7/F8. So you can opt to dedicate those for similar changes e.g. F7 can give you second set of reverb parameters and F8 a second delay setting. Or F7 gives an amp gain boost and F8 e.g. a mic type/distance/settings change. 

• 6 months later...
On 7/25/2021 at 6:06 PM, tripvin said:

Hi.. snapshot naming.. upcoming release?  Pleeeeeeze... 

We are all waiting for the next firmware upgrade. Snapshot and footswitch naming and colour choices are top of Line 6s to do list so we just have to wait. Meantime, see my thread 're Ideascale, and go through and vote for everything you want ...there are duplicate idea submissions so please search 'Pod Go' and vote for everything you want even if duplicated. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

To change Snapshot names in Pod Go Edit (on the computer), click on the snapshot and then the little three dots, and you can assign a color and rename it.

How can I change MULTIPLE (2) name to something more usable in Pod Go Edit?

I've got several I want to do and it would be much easier on a computer keyboard than on the floor device.

Go to the "Window" menu in the top toolbar, and select "show by-pass control" that then opens the ability to rename the stomp and change the ring colour. Top Tip though, remember to press enter once you've edited as it doesn't save. Found that out my avail  :(