Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500x Screen protector Home Made and some patches for you

6six6

i bought a pod HD500x  a few weeks back, as like everyone else i'm in lockdown, i was going to go for the Helix, but i didn't need all the ins and outputs and the IR, so i bought a brand new 500x and saved £900 pounds or a $1000.

what a brilliant effects processor , and to say its about 14 years old, brilliant.

all the tones that come with  the 500x  are no good, enough to put you off the 500x, but i made some myself and heres the download link,

i also had a old unopended audio cassette so i used one side of it as a screen protector see pictures.

enjoy the tones, i use an american fender professional strat with HSS pickups and headphones, and if using an amp i have a basic marshall 50w, 500x pluggen in front.

all tones sound brilliant, even my killer of giants tone that can be used for the intro to killer of giants on neck pickup selector 4 single coil

may look basic screen protector but it works if something ever dropped on it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4884tgyovajrfe5/fav_tones_500x.rar/file

some tones here , use headphones, american professional HSS strat used, https://line6.com/customtone/profile/6six6

stay safe, stay 2 meters apart and rock and roll 

20200516_201920.jpg

20200516_202016.jpg

20200516_202050.jpg

20200516_202210.jpg

3 hours ago, 6six6 said:

what a brilliant effects processor , and to say its about 14 years old, brilliant.

and i thought they are designed to sound horrible the minute the new one comes out. 

for a screen protector, in a live setting, you may want to look into a thick piece of plastic/plexiglass

you can cut it to specifications - so, if like me, you don't need access to knobs live, you can protect the knobs from accidental bumps. 

there's also a commercially available giant rubber covering that will 'waterproof' the unit. 

thank you very much, once lockdown is over i will go down the shops 

its a very good effects processor, once you know how to dial a tone in.

i also removed the POD logo using my girlfriends nail polish remover, i just thought that this processor should not be called a POD, but

just HD500x

has anyone here on this forum pimped their HD500x, i was going to change to light circles from red to different colours, just like the helix  , 

so 1 would be green and 2 would be blue and so on, but the shop that sells these replacement switches with lights does not sell to the uk. only sell in america.

20200520_192059.jpg

20200520_192104.jpg

20200520_192157.jpg

for the amp knobs, you can use a block of wood with holes drilled into it since they don't need to be seen like the screen does

they don't need protected like the screen does, but it protects from unintentional moving. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2020 at 4:52 PM, 6six6 said:

i bought a pod HD500x  a few weeks back, as like everyone else i'm in lockdown, i was going to go for the Helix, but i didn't need all the ins and outputs and the IR, so i bought a brand new 500x and saved £900 pounds or a $1000.

all the tones that come with  the 500x  are no good, enough to put you off the 500x, but i made some myself and heres the download link,

i also had a old unopended audio cassette so i used one side of it as a screen protector see pictures.

enjoy the tones, i use an american fender professional strat with HSS pickups and headphones, and if using an amp i have a basic marshall 50w, 500x pluggen in front.

all tones sound brilliant, even my killer of giants tone that can be used for the intro to killer of giants on neck pickup selector 4 single coil

may look basic screen protector but it works if something ever dropped on it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4884tgyovajrfe5/fav_tones_500x.rar/file

some tones here , use headphones, american professional HSS strat used, https://line6.com/customtone/profile/6six6

stay safe, stay 2 meters apart and rock and roll 

20200516_201920.jpg

20200516_202016.jpg

20200516_202050.jpg

20200516_202210.jpg

I've already purchased mine yesterday online to replace my worn out gt8 & can't wait 'till arrival! Decided to go hd500x over gt100 for a couple of reasons:

* price: hd500x 500 bucks vs gt100 700 bucks (both brand new in Argentina) 

* pc support: great pc editing, patch repository and recording capabilities

* grat amp sims: though I intend to run it straight in from end of clean channel tube amp, I enjoy tweaking sims to get full array of sounds from bluesy to modern hi gain.

And "if" effects a slightly better on Boss side of the street(only pro on gt100), I prefer all mentioned over efects quality. Forgot to mention I'm no gigging any more(who knows, may be some day...), the unit is for appartment volume level. Soooooo., your post is the very first I read in the forum, and scince I found your're new too but already teaked te patches, I decided to chime in. Thanks for shareing your patches. Promise to try them as soon as I get to the unit. Btw, tips & hints are wellcome. 

5 hours ago, Cz_Ser said:

* pc support: great pc editing, patch repository and recording capabilities

Yes, the editor is nice. Particularly the saving and moving of patches. 

But CustomTone is blah. Not that you can trust random people selling patches either. 

Recording - any device can be recorded. 

5 hours ago, Cz_Ser said:

grat amp sims: though I intend to run it straight in from end of clean channel tube amp

into the amp's fx loop may make more sense 

3 hours ago, pianoguyy said:

into the amp's fx loop may make more sense

Yeah, gt8 also. But mine is a homebrew slo clone and never got fx loop working. Guess it's not worth to modify, cause I've managed to get real amazing clean Channel.

My aproach to use fx units (old gt8) in amp's front end was for years:  clean amp Channel, low gain, flat amp eq(wich gives room for post fx tube eq), master vol (power stage) to taste and fx unit vol level matched with all fx off (like bypassing). 

Starting from there, and keeping I/O levels matched I managed to get real organic sounds from my old gt8. Both clean & hi gain sims in amp's front end. Btw, clean Channel of my 100w slo clone has plenty power to sound loud as hell, more than required for venues without reamping

1 hour ago, Cz_Ser said:

My approach to use fx units in amp's front end was for years:

that's how i did it too. 

but amp modeling isn't the same as fx. 

don't get me wrong. you twist knobs until it sounds good. it doesn't matter how you got there. 

For a screen defender, in a live setting, you might need to investigate a thick bit of plastic/plexiglass  you can slice it to determinations - along these lines, if like me, you needn't bother with access to handles live, you can shield the handles from incidental knocks. There's likewise a financially accessible mammoth elastic covering that will 'waterproof' the unit.  Black Friday VPN deals