Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The delirious Kaiju nesting doll of ambient awesomeness.

optofonik

The Zoom MS-70CDR patched into the HX Stomp's loop, the Stomp patched into the HX Effects loop, the HXFX patched into the one of the ES-8 stereo loops, all standalone left field pedals patched into the rest of the ES-8 loops. Surely this has already been done.

• Haha 1

Are you saying you've done this, or wondering if anybody else has?

My concerns would be:

1) Who can remember what combination of buttons does what?

2) Once you have the ES8 configured to switch the HXFX vis MIDI, and the HXFX to MIDI the Stomp, and the Stomp (when it gets Command Center in 3.0) to MIDI the Zoom, or vice versa, and all your external pedals configured, that's several MILLION possible configurations. See 1).

3) If you patch this "doll" into a high-gain amp, will you be able to hear the guitar through all the noise?

4) Good Luck troubleshooting!

5) By the time you get it all worked out you'll have forgotten how to play guitar!

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who hopes you're going to share whatever it is you're smoking.................:-)

Hahaha, love all the replies. If it helps answer some questions . . .

I started out on synthesizers in 1982. You guitarists were right after all, the level of expression one can get out of a guitar is better than a synthesizer. Even after running a guitar through a bunch of wacky effects, the "expression" inherent in playing a guitar can never be fully disappeared. That's a good thing.

Also, the pieces I play tend to run about 6-10 minutes long so there isn't a lot of "tap dancing" between "songs".

5 hours ago, optofonik said:

Hahaha, love all the replies. If it helps answer some questions . . .

I started out on synthesizers in 1982. You guitarists were right after all, the level of expression one can get out of a guitar is better than a synthesizer. Even after running a guitar through a bunch of wacky effects, the "expression" inherent in playing a guitar can never be fully disappeared. That's a good thing.

Also, the pieces I play tend to run about 6-10 minutes long so there isn't a lot of "tap dancing" between "songs".

I, for one, applaud the idea. Don't listen to all these curmudgeons above. You might find a new unknown quantum physics particle. 

• Like 1