Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looking for JTV Variax acoustic guitar preset recommendations

MartinDorr

Looking for preset recommendations tailored specifically for the JTV Variax Acoustic guitar models.

I understand the basic recipe (just a preamp or no amp at all and EQ, reverb, and a bit of compression to taste), but still interested in comparing with other players faves. If someone had a banjo preset I would not mind checking that one out too.

Thanks for the replies.

Sampled the DeLaune's presets and sample playing - very nice indeed. Looks like a worthwhile investment.

Also saw some other contributions on that topic, but have not checked them out yet.

Marketplace has grown quite a bit since I last checked!

I could not fully download the wave file from Waymda (it's only 8.08KB) - I only hear a click similar to the first sound of a count in ...

Will try the Helix preset file when I get home

Ahh yes - you fully downloaded the wav file. Its an Impulse that is used to shape the tone of the Variax acoustic. It was in slot 3, but I believe the current firmware makes that irrelevant as the patch will 'find' the impulse no matter where its loaded.