Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I have Helix native activated in two separate computers?

willyjacksonjs22

You can only have one instance of Helix Native running at a time.  There is a process you go through, using your Line 6 account to authorize and deauthorize the computer it is running on.  So in short, deauthorize the computer Helix Native is running on and then authorize it on your laptop.

You can find the details outlining this procedure on pages 5 & 6 of the manual: Helix Native Manual

9 minutes ago, lungho said:

You can only have one instance of Helix Native running at a time.  There is a process you go through, using your Line 6 account to authorize and deauthorize the computer it is running on.  So in short, deauthorize the computer Helix Native is running on and then authorize it on your laptop.

You can find the details outlining this procedure on pages 5 & 6 of the manual: Helix Native Manual

Don't know where you got that idea, but it's wrong. I have it running on my office laptop and my studio laptop. Don't know max allowed per license, but it's at least two.

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

Don't know where you got that idea, but it's wrong. I have it running on my office laptop and my studio laptop. Don't know max allowed per license, but it's at least two.

Thought I remembered reading that in the EULA when I installed Native, but apparently not. 

Some clarification for anyone else who stumbles across this thread with the same question.  I found this somewhere within the support pages here. I think the most pertinent part for anyone using more than 1 device at a time is at the very bottom.

Can I remove licenses from my Line 6 device or transfer them to a different Line 6 device?
Since your purchased licenses are attached to your account, and not your devices, using licenses on different Line 6 devices is only a matter of authorizing the devices.

NOTE: One exception is Factory Add-Ons. These are features that can only be used with the device it came with and cannot be removed from that device to be shared with your other Line 6 devices. For example, POD XT Live comes with an FX Junkie Add-On. After authorization, License Manager does not make that unit's FX Junkie available to your other authorized devices. In License Manager, Factory Add-Ons are displayed in italics once you've selected a device and goes on to say "these Add-Ons can only be authorized on this device".

How many devices can I authorize?
You can authorize your purchased license(s) to more than one device at the same time; however, your number of simultaneously active authorizations is limited to four. This limit includes three of the same type of device (i.e. three POD Studio UX-1 devices) simultaneously authorized. If you have reached the maximum number of allowable authorized devices, the License Manager will remind you of this. If this happens, you can Deauthorize one or more of your authorized (computer or Line 6) devices within the License Manager. This will then allow you authorize another device.

You can authorize up to ten unique devices over the lifetime of your Line 6 account. Additionally, the maximum number of Line 6 accounts that can authorize a specific device over its lifetime is limited to five.