Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Modeler Ideas

richiez1970

Hi 

I am a Powercab 112 plus owner and absolutely love it... it gave me everything in a guitar speaker I was looking for. I dont own a line6 modeler and I am currently using a irig stomp i/o & ipad from one of the balanced L 1/4 out to the 1/4 input on the PowerCab and use Bias FX and amplitube... I am very happy with the sound it creates....  would anyone know if I could remove the irig stomp and replace it with a high quality audio interface I could achieve the same result or will there need to be a preamp instead ?  I have got a very budget behringer interface that I hooked up and it sounds pretty bad all crackly and hiss. 

Does anyone have experience with this and could please share what you did ? 

Thanks

I have never tried it, but the power cab plus specifications indicate you can use the USB connector for both input and output.  Hook it up to your computer instead and use it as the interface in and out.

Then you don't need to use the irig or behringer.

13 hours ago, bobcoss said:

I have never tried it, but the power cab plus specifications indicate you can use the USB connector for both input and output.  Hook it up to your computer instead and use it as the interface in and out.

Then you don't need to use the irig or behringer.

Thank you for your reply, I decided to bite the bullet and get myself a decent audio interface and what a massive difference this made to the cab.. The sound is so clear crisp and loud.. I cant wait to experiment more with this... I will try your suggestion cause I didn't realize i could use it that way.