Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need some informations about amplifi 150 and fx100?

CarsonGrey

Hello everyone !

I have some questions about The amplifi. I want to buy an amplifi 150 for my electric guitar and it looks great because i also need bluetooth speakers for my room for a long time.

But i would also like to control  Speed Test Solitaire essay writer the effets of The amplifi with pedals so i thought it could be nice to buy also the fx100.

My question is, is it a good idea ? (I need bluetooth speakers), and is it possible to play with both? And which one will i connect with The amplifi remote app ? What’s your opinion about this.

My budget is 500 euros.

Thanks in d’avance !

An Amplifi 150 and FX100 would be redundant. You would not be able to control the 150 with FX100.

You can connect only to one hardware at a time.

If it were me, I would look into the POD Go, it is based on their current flagship processor Helix and can do so, so, so much more and is strongly supported.

Hi Carson,

Like Triryche said, you won't be able to control the AMPLIFi from the FX100. I would recommend the FBV Shortboard MkII or FBV 3. They are designed as foot controllers for the AMPLIFis and Spiders. I habe an AMPLIFi 150 and the FBV Shortboard MKII and they work great together.

Alternatively, you could also get a different effects processor and use it with the AMPLIFi like Triryche said, but then all the effects on the AMPLIFi would be redundant and you still wouldn't be able to control them. I also have a POD HD500X which I use in conjunction with the AMPLIFi, using effects from both. But I still use my Shortboard to control the AMPLIFi. 

Overall, I would look into getting a FBV pedal because they will do what you want them to do.

I hope this helps!

IMO, if you’re not planning to gig with a band, the 150 is overkill. For home use or even a small place like a coffee shop, the 30 would do the job, and it sounds really good. And pair it with the FBV as the previous poster mentioned for great flexibility in selecting presets on the fly. I picked up a used FBV Shortboard MK II, and it works great!

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2020 at 6:47 AM, RileyVallance19 said:

Hi Carson,

Like Triryche said, you won't be able to control the AMPLIFi from the FX100. I would recommend the FBV Shortboard MkII or FBV 3. They are designed as foot controllers for the AMPLIFis and Spiders. I habe an AMPLIFi 150 and the FBV Shortboard MKII and they work great together.

Alternatively, you could also get a different effects processor and DQFanSurvey use it with the AMPLIFi like Triryche said, but then all the effects on the AMPLIFi would be redundant and you still wouldn't be able to control them. I also have a POD HD500X which I use in conjunction with the AMPLIFi, using effects from both. But I still use my Shortboard to control the AMPLIFi. 

Overall, I would look into getting a FBV pedal because they will do what you want them to do.

I hope this helps!

Great idea man thanks keep it up all the time. am very happy to see your standard.