Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Speaker for hx stomp (bedroom use)

Valgua

Hi!

What speaker would you recommend for an hx stomp user playing at home? The alternatives that fit my budget are a Headrush Frfr 108 or one single JBL 308P. I aim at putting either of those on a desk about 10-15 cm from a wall. Which alternative is best? Are there other options to consider?

If you're never gonna leave the house with it, get a good pair of studio monitors and call it a day. Stereo FX are glorious... you'll thank me later. Size will be dictated by the size of the room and/or the footprint you want. JBL LSR305's or LSR308's are excellent, and not terribly expensive. There are tons of good choices... these just happen to be the ones I have the most experience with.

• Upvote 3

The FRFR108 is not really a bedroom speaker, it's a PA speaker, made to put out a lot of sound into a large area. 

When people use the term "Studio Monitor" they mean "near field monitor", made for close up use in a studio.

Different tools for different jobs.

And, as cruisinon2 suggested, get two. Much more fun!

If your desk space permits, strongly consider going with two LSR305 rather than one LSR308. B&H Photo and likely other resellers just had the LSR spkrs on sale. Two LSR305 as compared to one LSR308 will give you a much fuller, wider and robust sound stage for backing tracks to play along to as well as for exploring HX Stomp's many stereo FX. FWIW, I have sets of both the LSR305 and LSR308 (amongst other spkrs) and they are outstanding near field studio monitors for their price. YMMV. 

5 hours ago, Valgua said:

What speaker would you recommend for an hx stomp user playing at home?

3 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

get a good pair of studio monitors and call it a day.

Get a pair of studio monitors!!!!