Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix/HX 2.92, HX Edit 2.92, and Helix Native 1.92

Digital_Igloo

1 hour ago, rsvette12 said:

Under all software menu (top in the middle) native is there and then pick your operating system and hit go

https://line6.com/software/index.html

On the left column I was selecting Helix, middle column Helix Native, right column my OS. Only a link to Native 1.0 would come up. Seems a little screwy to me. But, thanks. I think I had the same problem last update. I'll try remember for next time.

30 minutes ago, specracer986 said:

On the left column I was selecting Helix, middle column Helix Native, right column my OS. Only a link to Native 1.0 would come up. Seems a little screwy to me. But, thanks. I think I had the same problem last update. I'll try remember for next time.

Did you get it sorted out ?

Hi all.

I´m in trouble... Trying to update my LT from 2.91, but HX Edit is on "initializing firmware instalation" and Helix screen says "update message server started" without any prgress line, just black. That´s all. It´s been in that state for 15 minutes now... so I assume that it´s got stuck.

Never had any updating issues in the past.

I don´t know if I should turn of the unit, or whatever... Some help from Line6 crew, please?

55 minutes ago, dheran said:

Hi all.

I´m in trouble... Trying to update my LT from 2.91, but HX Edit is on "initializing firmware instalation" and Helix screen says "update message server started" without any prgress line, just black. That´s all. It´s been in that state for 15 minutes now... so I assume that it´s got stuck.

Never had any updating issues in the past.

I don´t know if I should turn of the unit, or whatever... Some help from Line6 crew, please?

Well.. held my breath and stopped the process. Fortunately, it seems it just didn´t started to do anything, so the unit worked. Restarted my PC and tried again from the updateer, instead of HX Edit, and in offline mode, from the flash memory file I´ve downloaded previously. It worked... phew!!!

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 12:25 PM, hiauntie said:

On my Windows 10 machine Helix Edit 2.92 won`t start.

Reinstalling of Helix Edit 2.90 works perfect.

I have tried many times: deinstalling all line 6 stuff including drivers, rebooting and clean install of the 2.92 application - nothing works.

This is the first time in nearly 5 years of owning the Helix Floor - and i have done every update without a problem.

Now i am back to 2.90 - anyone else ?

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem on a Surface Pro 6, although it worked fine on my Windows 10

desktop tower.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just wondering, is it now going to be Standard Operating Procedure that we'll have to update the device, wait for all the presets to rebuild, then restore the device manually from backup and then manually restart to do another rebuild?

I'm just curious why this is necessary.

9 hours ago, Shantull said:

My son bought a helix rack today done the latest update today and now his screen is blank and changing to different colours every few seconds any ideas thanks 

Hi,

That sound like something has really gone wrong, but without seeing the unit it's just a guess.

Here are the reset procedures to see if you can return it to a state where it can be updated.

Suggest you try the last option first: ENC1 and ENC6

Helix Rack

Since the rack doesn’t have footswitches, you’ll instead hold down a combination of the 6 encoders that are below the main LCD screen as you’re booting up.

Button Combination Description
ENC2 & ENC3 Reset globals
ENC3 & ENC4 Restore stock presets and setlists
ENC4 & ENC5 Restore stock presets, setlists, and IRs
ENC5 & ENC6 Reset globals and restore presets, setlists, and IRs (entire factory restore)
ENC1 & ENC3 Rebuild all presets
ENC1 & ENC5 Clear all presets, setlists, and IRs
ENC1 & ENC6 Will enter Update Mode (This feature is only available on firmware v1.06.5 and higher)

If this doesn't help then I guess you need to get it returned as a faulty unit, if as you say, it is brand new. 

Good luck.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:59 PM, sabramson2 said:

HX Edit 2.92 isn't starting for me on Windows 10 Pro version 1909.

I tried uninstalling all Line 6 software and re-installing, but no change.

The new version 2004 of Windows 10 Pro seems to fix it !!!

(happy now)

Hey guys-

i followed all the steps and updated  my HX stomp to 2.92 and then I tried to do the “restore from backup “ part and it won’t restore. Anyone know how to help?

thanks

On 5/21/2020 at 6:56 PM, kringle said:

Alright, I give up though on trying to figure it how I would do an offline update.  I downloaded the new firmware but can't find any way to do it through HX Edit or Line 6 Updater.  Can someone share the trick to do an offline update?

Update: I figured  out how to get the offline update to work: The Line 6 Updater won't work if HX Edit is running.   What's happening is that since HX Edit isn't able to do Helix updates, the only way out was to cancel the update process. but when you do, it appears the HX Edit app is closed, but it's not - it's stills running as a services.  You need to kill HX Edit through task manager (on windows system).  Then run Line 6 Updater and it will see the Helix.  For some reason, HX Edit blocks Line 6 Updater from seeing there is a Helix attached. 

I tried 6 more times with this latest 2.92 update through HX Edit but it was never able to download the firmware.  when I was able to get Helix visible through Line 6 Update, it instantly downloaded the firmware and did the install.  So clearly it's an issue with HX Edit not reliably downloading the firmware.

Just noting that I'm having the same issue here. Going to attempt an offline update as well.

I have problems with Native 1.92 Windows10. I have multiple instances in Studio 1, >9 in my current project. When importing a preset or saving a preset in Native, it crashes to desktop without warning, right at the moment the confimation dialog should appear. 

I already opened a ticket at support and I have seen other users reporting the same problem but it's a showstopper for me at the moment and I hate it, I'd like to reach out for any help.

Tonight I'm gonna try to reproduce it and see how many instances I can load without this crashing. I'll report back.

So I tried an empty song tonight, got it up to 13 instances of Helix Native and no problems at all saving and importing.

So I went back to my current project and there it is again, cannot save or import, just before confirmation dialog, I,m back at desktop.

So I thought maybe it's the way Studio 1 handles graphics and I looked in the options menu. Found "Enable High DPI Mode'' at the general tab and unchecked it.

Voila, it doesn't crash anymore. I created a new track and bus and inserted Native. Imported preset and no problems...

I'm happy it works now and I don't think I need high dpi mode at the moment so I hope it stays good this way but for now, this seemed the solution.

Wether it's a bug in Native or Studio 1 I can't tell.....

I got an error when logging in to my account via HX Edit.  The app is saying "Cannot reach servers.  Please make sure this computer is connected to the internet."  Tried it with Windows 10.  Downloaded the HX Edit 2.92.  I was able to login but it does not proceed to backup the device after clicking OK on the dialog box.  Nothing happens.  What is going on?

Try to login to your Line6 account from another browser. Better from the pre installed browser.

I had the same issue, then I tried to login from Safari,  I had a message that the connection wasn't secure

and I had to choose that I wanted to proceed. The HX edit was able to connect.

Hope that helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, pithagoras said:

Try to login to your Line6 account from another browser. Better from the pre installed browser.

I had the same issue, then I tried to login from Safari,  I had a message that the connection wasn't secure

and I had to choose that I wanted to proceed. The HX edit was able to connect.

Hope that helps

That worked for me.  Thank you for this.

I think it's with the certificate that has expired.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Brand new HX floor user today.  First thing I am trying is to update firmware and getting this error.  Not a great 1st time experience.

I've tried several browser logins on my Macbook and nothing fixes it.  The browsers give a certificate warning about line6.com so my guess is their SSL certificate is out of date or untrusted.  Someone from Line6 tech team need to address this urgently.

I had this issue in HX Edit on a Mac, running OSX 10.11.6. The "Cannot reach servers" appeared each time I checked for upgrades. I could log into my Line 6 account in Firefox and Chrome but didn't try Safari. I had success when I switched to a Windows 10 laptop. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, infaddict said:

Brand new HX floor user today.  First thing I am trying is to update firmware and getting this error.  Not a great 1st time experience.

I've tried several browser logins on my Macbook and nothing fixes it.  The browsers give a certificate warning about line6.com so my guess is their SSL certificate is out of date or untrusted.  Someone from Line6 tech team need to address this urgently.

What version of OS X are you using? If it’s an older version, then it’s related to this, and there’s nothing Line 6 can do about it:

I finally got around to installing the 2.92 FW update today.

While HX Edit really wanted to do it, it would get stuck on the "rebooting device" step. I would have to force quit the process and try again. After 3 tries, I found this thread and was reminded of using Line 6 Updater. That worked perfectly. 

So agree with others that the update process in HX Edit can get into a wonky state sometimes. 

Running latest Mac OS 10.15.5.