Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

hx in 4CM: fx loop needs seperate send and return level

rudomat

i can hardly believe this is still not fixed!!! how can they say this unit is perfect for 4CM when the units fx loop doesn't have seperate send and return level????!!!

when you send your pre-preamp signal from your hx send into the amps front input, you'll need instrument level, and when you then send your amps fx send with line level fx loop (what definitely sounds better) back into the hx return, this will need line level of course!!!! 

all it needs is to be able to set the hx send and return seperately...!!! this has actually been promised to get fixed...still isn't...;-( very disappointing and incredible actually...they even write this stupid sentence into the manual..."If your amp's effects loop happens to run at line level, you should set the inputs and outputs of HX Stomp to line level as well...."

• Upvote 1

I agree that you should be able to set the Send/Return separately. OTOH - 

57 minutes ago, rudomat said:

this has actually been promised to get fixed...

I never saw that. Link please?

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, phil_m said:

If you have the FX Loop set to Line Level, setting the Send to -18dB should give you the same level as you'd have with Instrument Level.

My use case is reversed to this "solution"... I need the send to be line level and the return to be instrument level. I neither want to lower a already clipped signal nor to boost the send by +18db because I don't want to raise the noise floor by 18 db... It really can't be that difficult to implement a separated send and return level function.