Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just wondering - Pod Go v Helix LT?

voxman55

It does not but the LT's impressive capability comes at the price of being more difficult to learn. My first-ever modeller was the LT which I returned and got a POD Go. The LT was, for me, overkill and the Go fits my needs perfectly at less than 40% the cost. There are virtually no limits to what you can do with the LT but I don't need 80% of that so why tie up all that extra money?

6 hours ago, Pappy35 said:

It does not but the LT's impressive capability comes at the price of being more difficult to learn. My first-ever modeller was the LT which I returned and got a POD Go. The LT was, for me, overkill and the Go fits my needs perfectly at less than 40% the cost. There are virtually no limits to what you can do with the LT but I don't need 80% of that so why tie up all that extra money?

I hear you @Pappy35 and (as mentioned elsewhere) I have no intention of getting an LT simply because it's too big, too heavy, too complicated, too expensive, and as you quite rightly say I wouldn't use 80% of what's in it.  I was simply curious, that's all.  No, I think Pod Go will do for my needs - my only real concern is whether 4 blocks will be enough - I just wish it had a tad more processing power with 6 or even 5 fully assignable blocks but i'm sure I'll manage and on the positive side I might just have to be a bit creative.  It does have an FX loop to add an external pedal so at a push I can use that if needed.

I didn't get rid of any of my pedals so I use the effects loop to run one stereo delay. I also run a couple of Fulltone effects and an external tuner between the guitar and the Go's input. So far, I haven't needed to use any of the external boxes. Even with "just" 4 blocks open I haven't run out yet.

The following is found in POD Go but not Helix LT:

• Merged Bypass Assign and Controller Assign screens. Helix LT has too many parameters to fit on a single page of parameters
  • Globally link or unlink separate Amp and Cab blocks. Helix LT has too many permutations of amps and cabs to apply any type of linking of separate blocks, although it does have both merged Amp+Cab and separate Amp and Cab blocks
  • Globally assign a physical output (AMP OUT) to be tapped from right before the cab/IR block. Helix LT's routing is largely per-preset by design
  • Quicksave the current preset to all preset locations called "New Preset" by holding ACTION and pressing Knob 5 (Save) while on the Save screen. Helix LT's fully dynamic DSP allocation precludes this
  • Signal flow thumbnail appearing on the Play/Performance screen. Helix LT's signal flow is too big and it has more switches to display on the screen

The following is found in Helix LT but not POD Go:

• TONS
  • Even more once 3.0 is out