Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help Setting Up my Helix Stomp

lweissel

First off I would like to say how difficult it was to navigate this website. I am by no means a newbie to forums and it probably took me 10 minutes to figure out how to post a question. With that being said, here I am. Here's the deal, I have an amp with an effects loop, a few pedals, and a studio setup with monitors and an audio interface (Scarlett 2i2). What I would like to do is use my amp with the 4 cable method AND have left and right output from everything (amp, pedals, helix) going into the front of my interface. I haven't been able to find any guide or resources on how to do so. At the very least I would like to know how to set up the helix with my workstation without having to reconnect my monitors to the helix as it is massively impractical. Also I am confused on how the edit software works when using 4 cable method, Do I need to go into every single preset and add the effect loops block? Is there some sort of master setting I can switch so I don't have to manually go through and set everything? This hardware and software seem like extremely powerful tools but there is a massive learning curve that is discouraging and frustrating, so I'm sure you all can understand my annoyance. Thanks in advance.

Two solutions:

1) pick up a small mixer, something like a Behringer Onyx802 ($50). Connect your speakers to the mixer. Take the Headphone OUT from the Stomp to the mixer. Using the Stomp as AI, you get everything you asked for. This is exactly what I do on my office rig. 

2) Sell/trade the stomp for a Helix LT or Floor. You bought the wrong device for your requirements.

You might also be able to do this with the new POD GO by taking the Amp Out in 4cm ahead of/instead of the L/Mono 1/4" Out, and using the L/R Outs to connect to the 2i2. I don't have a POD GO to try it on, but you might be able to get someone here on the POD GO forum or over on TGP's very large POD GO thread to try it for you.