Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.92 Input/Output Block Behaviour

NickM62

Since updating to 2.92 I've noticed that the Input and Output blocks on both Path 1 and Path 2 "flicker" when I play the guitar.

It's as if they are detecting that there is a signal being passed through them. There is no detriment to the sound, and they are stable when there is no input.

Has anyone else noticed or come across this? Is it normal? I wondered if it may be something to do with the new metering?

If it is not normal behaviour is there anything I can do to cure it?

It's a feature, not a big. Those are the new signal present / clip indicators. Green = signal; red = clipping. If you select the output block, or any compressor block, you'll also see new signal meters and gain reduction meters.

On 5/23/2020 at 10:47 AM, NickM62 said:

If it is not normal behaviour is there anything I can do to cure it?

Yes, that’s a new feature. The reason it was introduced was many users ask for some sort of visual clue that there really was a signal passing through.

If you have your guitar on a stand and you notice the “signal present” flickering, you could go to your input block and adjust the noise gate to stop the flickering while your instrument is parked.