Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V 240 HC Cabinet head, can I use older spider 212 as a cab?

Truk_Nielleg

Hello, I am a proud owner of a Spider 2  212 amp. I want to upgrade to the newer Spider V 240 HC, and am considering a Head/Cab. however I am wondering if I can just get the Head for now and use my current combo amp as cabinet? has anyone tried this?

I have the spider V 240hc and I'm using it on an old Peavey 412 cabinet .   I think it sounds fine.  I never got around to purchasing the official 4x12 cabinet.   The great thing about the Spider V 240HC is that you don't need to plug it into a cabinet to get great sound.  

I don't think you need to rush out and get the Spider V cabinet.   To use your 212 combo as a cabinet, you will have to rig up a connector to the back 240hc.  One speaker for each output.  I don't think that is going to work very well.

If you are wanting to capitalize on stereo effects.  Consider two 2x12 cabinets so you can get some separation.   Stereo effects in a 4x12 cabinet are kind of a useless.