Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Rackmount 7CM - Is this possible?

spanny

I am currently running 2 HX Effects (1 pre and 1 post).  Unlike most, I like having all effects on 1 preset that I can use my midi board to pull from, as I'm running 2 amps in stereo as well.

Can the rackmount Helix run the 7CM with all the pre effects on the first path (mono) then using the 2nd path for all post effects in stereo?   I'd like to eliminate using an FX loop block in a path to have access to more effects on a preset if I can utilize both paths.

Thanks!  Dan

See attached.

Signal chain:

Guitar>Helix Guitar Input.

Send 1/2 (LINE?)>HXFX1 Inputs (LINE?)

HXFX1 Outs (INSTRUMENT LEVEL)>Amp Inputs

Amp Sends> HXFX2 Inputs (LINE?)

HXFX2 Outs (LINE?)>Helix Return 1/2 (LINE?)

Helix Outs(LINE)>Amp Returns

You'll likely want the Ins/Outs set as noted, but experiment for best S/N ratio.

You may have to use Helix Return 3/4 with HXFX2 instead of 1/2 depending on your S/N experiments.

Note the panning on the Path B Split and 1/4" Outs.

2ampMonoPreStPst.hlx

Awesome, thanks!!  Do you know where any documentation for this is available online outside from downloading the actual .hlx files?  Such as a .pdf or image diagram.  I'm new to the Line 6 world so taking in everything available via the internet/community is quite a learning curve! :)

You mean the "Helix for Dummies" eBook?

No.

If you have HX Edit you can see every bit of what makes the preset work and between the simple and complex presets provided above you should be able to figure it out. Come back and ask questions if need be.

If you don't yet HAVE the Helix Rack, download the manual and, sorry, search YouTube for tutorials.

1 hour ago, spanny said:

Awesome, thanks!!  Do you know where any documentation for this is available online outside from downloading the actual .hlx files?  Such as a .pdf or image diagram.  I'm new to the Line 6 world so taking in everything available via the internet/community is quite a learning curve! :)

Not in front of my work computer to look for hookup diagrams, but no .hlx file needs to be downloaded. It's built into Helix Floor/Rack/LT:

1. Press the PRESETS knob.
  2. Select 8 TEMPLATES > 02B 7-Cable Method.