Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Update to 2.92 has locked up the Helix

wtcline

May 24, 2020 9:30 PST UPDATE: found the global reset options, and that "worked". Helix is responsive again. but, lost ALL of my ow presets of course. Can't say I am happy about that...

May24, 2020 9 pm PST
During download/install of Helix ver 2.92, (from ver 2.71) the process almost completed, but then failed, and now I cannot get the Helix to work at all. The install proceeded as expected, was almost done, but during the "Rebuilding Presets" portion, the unit whizzed through but stopped on Preset 411. I waited for a very long time - 5-10 minutes?- and it never completed. So I turned the Helix off, and back on. It appears to start loading back up, normally, gets to the end of the boot but then displays "Rebuilding Preset 411" on the Helix screen, and does nothing more. HX Edit does not recognize the connected device (yes, the USB cable is plugged in as it should be). So, it appears it is basically locked up and cannot be accessed, at least, not through HX Edit or the Helix unit itself. HELP?! is there a big ol' system reset capability somewhere/somehow?

Edited by wtcline
Update to issue described

10 hours ago, wtcline said:

May 24, 2020 9:30 PST UPDATE: found the global reset options, and that "worked". Helix is responsive again. but, lost ALL of my ow presets of course. Can't say I am happy about that...

In HX Edit, go to File>Restore from Backup.

SO I did an update, went fine. Followed directions to a "T".  Imported backup, started going through presets, 1/2 are there but I cant see anything.  I click on first preset, works.  Click on second preset, changes tone but still has all the same info from first preset on screen.  Lost all my IRs.  AM I doing something wrong?

6 hours ago, Lbear66 said:

SO I did an update, went fine. Followed directions to a "T".  Imported backup, started going through presets, 1/2 are there but I cant see anything.  I click on first preset, works.  Click on second preset, changes tone but still has all the same info from first preset on screen.  Lost all my IRs.  AM I doing something wrong?

You don’t mention if your unit went through the “rebuilding presets” process- if not you could try a factory reset.

Try FS 10 & 11 first.

Also, please ensure that you version of HX Edit and the firmware revision numbers are the same, as it is not unknown for an old version of the editor to launch instead of the latest.

Here ya go!

Reset Options

Helix Floor/LT

Button Combination

Description

LED light Fun

3 & 4

Test Mode

5 & 6

Global reset

7 & 8

Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs

8 & 9

Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs

9 & 10

Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs

10 & 11

Upgrades existing presets to latest format

11 & 12

Clear current preset

5 & 12

Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default

6 & 12

Safe boot mode

To use Reset Options:

• Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

Please note: Buttons are numbered from top left to bottom right.