Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Changing presets on the PC+ with L6 Link & Helix

Rich_Cash

So to save DPS I loaded my 2 favorite IRs into my PC+ Then set my high/low cuts accordingly and what I thought I could do was change The presets on the PC+ within a snapshot. For instance, when playing on snapshot 1 (fenderish clean) on my Helix, the Helix using the L6 Link to call up patch 014 on the PC+. Then switch to snapshot 2 (revv Gen Purple) for my crunch sound, the helix calls up patch 015 on the PC+. Is that possible? I can’t seam to figure it out. I don’t want to use a midi cable.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but I couldn't figure it out in Edit.  On the floor or rack here is what you need to do.

Go to the output block and page over to the right. Just like any other snapshot change you need to push down on the knob and then move it to the other IR.  It will have [parentheses] around the number.  That will be the number set for that snapshot.

Hope this helps.

On 5/25/2020 at 7:40 AM, Rich_Cash said:

So to save DPS I loaded my 2 favorite IRs into my PC+ Then set my high/low cuts accordingly and what I thought I could do was change The presets on the PC+ within a snapshot. For instance, when playing on snapshot 1 (fenderish clean) on my Helix, the Helix using the L6 Link to call up patch 014 on the PC+. Then switch to snapshot 2 (revv Gen Purple) for my crunch sound, the helix calls up patch 015 on the PC+. Is that possible? I can’t seam to figure it out. I don’t want to use a midi cable.

You can't change PC+ presets over L6 link, and that is by design.

What you do is change the settings on the Helix presets output block instead.

If you really want to change PC+ preset, you need to use MIDI and MIDI cables.